Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to create sections in the video function so that I can group videos together by topic/category? Otherwise eventually will just end up with pages of vidoes in a random order.

Jim

pavit Moderator

Hi there

Template has already a video section as you can see HERE it contains all artcle created as Video type in video category or maybe i misundrstood your question ?

James Weston Friend

Thanks Pavit,

Sorry didn’t explain myself clearly. What I was trying to say was is there a way to create categories within the video section so a visitor to the site wouldn’t have to scroll through loads and loads of videos to fins something they are looking for. SO like create a category for cars, watches, property and so on.

Jim

pavit Moderator

Hi

Unfortunately what you are asking is not doable with the actual files , it will require a custom work to order all categories below one ja acm module , as last solution you can create different video categories and assign to each category a new ja acm module video list type.

Regards

James Weston Friend

Thanks Pavit,

Thats a good idea. Would it slow the site down?

Jim

pavit Moderator

Would it slow the site down?

It may depends from how many categories you have, but i don’t think it would be so relevant for the whole environment.

James Weston Friend

Hi Pavit,

On this page is it possible to delete the 5 videos that appear down the side on this page http://www.vivaasiamagazine.com/index.php/videos1 as per the screenshot and then put a menu there that will link to the sections I will create by adding more video modules for each category?

Jim

1. Screen
    pavit Moderator

Hi there

That section is part of the ja acm module video featured type and managed by this file /templates/ja_teline_v/acm/videos/tmpl/featured.php

to remove the right column and add a position to it would need of a new restyle of the module as a custom work , it cannot be managed directly from backend or inside ja acm module type itself.

Regards

James Weston Friend

ok. any suggestions on where i could put a menu on the main video page?

pavit Moderator

You have also other positions available, home-1 or sidebar-2 for example

you can use one of these to publish a menu module

1. Screenshot-at-ago-15-18-02-12
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum