Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Is Joomla! what I’m looking for?

Hello everyone and thanks in advance

I am looking to create an article library and archive site. It will have numerous authors (20-100) and thousands of articles. I need to be able to create several different categories and sub-categories.

One section will be articles with Authors of Old sub-section. It will have many authors with hundreds of articles each. I will be doing likewise for the Authors of Now sections. Some articles will also be broken into other categories such as medieval, Puritans, foreign, etc…

Each Author will also need to have a picture and biography section.

Eventually I would like to add audio files for some of the authors. I would like this to be in a separate Audio section with categories and sub-categories.

Additional categories will be needed on the front page.

Not sure if Joomla is what I need….

What do you think?

questbg Friend

Hi trav365

I’m quite new to Joomla and created my first site around 6 months ago.

Reading your specification I really wouldn’t want to tackle this without Joomla! 🙂

I’m not sure how you could create/manage that many articles and authors without the Joomla backend.

You may wish to check out the Telline II template here on JoomlArt as I think that would suit your needs perfectly.

Good luck!

Chris

mihirc Friend

Hello,

I suggest you check out a Component called as Alpha Content.

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

sunrise Friend

I would be very surprised if Joomla could not take care of what you are looking for.

Joomla has hundreds of components for just about any topic, very good and helpful forums, is constantly updated and helps keep your sites secure, leaving some of the worry about security to others so you can tune in to the design and upkeep.

I would also recommend Joomlart! as a great place to get your templates. The forum is very active, lotrs of help from other Joomla users, and very good templates.

sunrise Friend

Just after I wrote this I looked at two other threads, and they speak for themselves so I just thought I would add a couple quotes from them:

Thanks Damian!

It only took 3 minutes to get an answer

Thanks again!

and another one

I started building my site quite a few years back to learn html, php etc. It was built from scratch on a page by page basis but I found it a chore to update so it became out of date. I then found Joomla and the wonderfull templates out there.

I began with a free template heavilly modded by myself. Not being graphically talented I struggled to get the look right, then I found Joomla Art. Your templates are fantastic.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Joomla is definitely your choice to manage a lot of articles. questbg advised me before that JA Teline II suitable for my new website (still under developing) which has a lot of articles.

And, you have come to right place – Joomlart.com. Coz people here really helpful. Joomla already does 90% of web designing work, with joomlart.com, you can finish your website in very short time. 🙂

Hung Dinh Friend

trav365;107652Is Joomla! what I’m looking for?

Hello everyone and thanks in advance

I am looking to create an article library and archive site. It will have numerous authors (20-100) and thousands of articles. I need to be able to create several different categories and sub-categories.

One section will be articles with Authors of Old sub-section. It will have many authors with hundreds of articles each. I will be doing likewise for the Authors of Now sections. Some articles will also be broken into other categories such as medieval, Puritans, foreign, etc…

Each Author will also need to have a picture and biography section.

Eventually I would like to add audio files for some of the authors. I would like this to be in a separate Audio section with categories and sub-categories.

Additional categories will be needed on the front page.

Not sure if Joomla is what I need….

What do you think?

Hi trav365,
    I think you have had enough the answers to make the decision.
    Thank you everyone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum