Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

Whats the difference between the quickstart and zip, and the one that doesnt say quickstart. I installed the quickstart because I thought it was just a faster procedure. I thought it was fully functional and customizable. Do I have to delete this and then install JA Mesolite (NOT QUICKSTART) ?

I checked a Mesolite user guide and when initially uploaded, it’s pretty much a blank front page with no products. When I loaded quickstart it showed all the products and samples.

Ok, appreciate any comments.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@greenedit 75560 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey all,

Whats the difference between the quickstart and zip, and the one that doesnt say quickstart. I installed the quickstart because I thought it was just a faster procedure. I thought it was fully functional and customizable. Do I have to delete this and then install JA Mesolite (NOT QUICKSTART) ?

I checked a Mesolite user guide and when initially uploaded, it’s pretty much a blank front page with no products. When I loaded quickstart it showed all the products and samples.

Ok, appreciate any comments.</blockquote>

The QuickStart kit is intended mainly for beginners who are not too familiar with the Joomla and do not have much scripting or programming background.

However, it is used even by experienced user because it is easy, very fast, and after you complete your installation, you can diagnose immediately whether the installation is successful.

Assuming you follow the “web browser installation”, it takes only about 5 minutes (may be longer for your first few installst) to perform the QuickStart kit installation.

The goal is to get the Demo page. If you get the Demo page without any problem, then you can customize it to however you want it to be.

Perform what are called “Post Installation” procedures. And, if it is still working, customize it — change the logo, create new sections and categories, and delete those from the Demo that you do not need. Add your articles, and remove the Demo articles, as you add more “new” stuff in your site.

TroubleShooting a QuickStart Installation

If you do not succeed in getting the Demo page, instead of trying to analyze the errors you may observe, just read the installation procedure again. Do another installation — if you get the same error (perhaps three times for beginners? 🙂 — then perhaps it is not really due to your technique.

Then, post a question.

Cornelio

TomC Moderator

<em>@cgc0202 75562 wrote:</em><blockquote>The QuickStart kit is intended mainly for beginners who are not too familiar with the Joomla and do not have much scripting or programming background.

However, it is used even by experienced user because it is easy, very fast, and after you complete your installation, you can diagnose immediately whether the installation is successful.
    </blockquote>
    In addition to the above, the “quickstart” packages also lives up to it’s name as a way to get the ball rolling with pre-installed components, articles and custom mods – all of which can be very quickly and easily replaced with customized content. I have used this technique on many an occasion as a time-saver method to get things rolling.

Also, to add on to the value to beginners – it’s a great way to see how various elements are utilized and input – such as articles, news items, custom-mod content, menu structures, etc. By viewing the structures integrated by the skilled Development Team, one can quickly learn and understand how content is utilized within the Joomla CMS structure.

I am a strong proponent of Quickstart Packages – for all levels of Joomla web work. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum