Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve decided to use a diffrent style of menus, as I have to show content in different sections in same place, so I’ve decided to use slide menu for sections, and the problem comes with the other part, as I would like to use the line under it, besides user 4, for another menu, where I owuld show content based on a defined keyword…

Obviously, as this menu is no way related to section one in slide menu, I cannot do it as a submenu, and I want all accessbile from Home, without having to do any clicking (also decided to try this because dunno why dropline menu is not working for me until I do first clicking :confused:)

So, how could I use the line used for submenus, for a completely different menu?

Thanks 🙂

Menalto Friend

All top menu items have no relation at all to the items below?
    Either use the original menu module from Joomla or hack the JA menu system.
    The easiest would be to make a module position there where you use the menu module i think

johnnydement Friend

I can place the original menu in ‘USERTOOL’? But would lose all nifty effects then…

Would there be any strange behaviour if I create a module position there with the JA menus?

Sidenote, Any idea on why dropline does not show nothing till first click?

thanks for reply 😉

redlight_traitor Friend

yea, I’m actually trying to do this exact same thing myself.

redlight_traitor Friend

alright, I figured it out myself for anyone who wants to know… just PM me.

In case you’re wondering what I did,

I edited the template’s index.php and the template.css files. A good way to build a new menu is to just copy the html and css codes from another template that has the menu that you like. Do make sure to remember that if the other menu uses javascript or moo or comes with its own script file, that you should copy those files over too and make sure to note them in the index.php file. Goodluck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  redlight_traitor 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum