Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi I received the following error.
    I’m new to joomlart and joomla.

Anyway I presume it is related to the folder permissions of the ftp account.
    Could you please provide documentation how the permissions have to be set?

I set these permissions using FTPzilla and the related ftp account for the webspace.

Kind Regards,

TomC Moderator

What error did you receive ?? :confused:

becaj0 Friend

Hi Tom,

JFolder::create: Could not create directoryPath: /home/admin/domains/yellocloud.be/public_html/t3-assets

TomC Moderator

Fix forJFolder::create: Could not create directory’ Error[/h]Unlike other Errors, the fix for this error is pretty Simple. Follow the steps below to fix it.

1. Goto your Hosting panel >> File Manager >> Select your Domain/Sub-Domain and then open the configuration.php file.
    2. Find var $log_path, it will contain the Directory path of your Old Server. Just replace the whole line with the code var $log_path = ‘./logs’;
    3. Find var $tmp_path, it will also have the Directory path of your Old Server. Replace the whole line with the code var $tmp_path = ‘./tmp’;

That’s it! Your problem should be solved with this small tweak in the code.
    Make sure that you properly copy paste the code.

If you still face any problem, let us know.

becaj0 Friend

Hi Tom,

Performed this action; downloaded the configuration.php, renamed original on the server.
    copied new version via ftp, still same issue.

Warning

JFolder::create: Could not create directoryPath: /home/admin/domains/yellocloud.be/public_html/t3-assets

TomC Moderator

Maybe try the quickstart + sample data installation process . . . see how that works for you.

😎

My personal preference is the FTP method (as described in the previously linked tutorial).
    However, there’s also THIS METHOD if you wish.

becaj0 Friend

Hi Tom,

I’ve removed all the files, extracted the QuickStart + Sample data according to the general installation process via FTP.

– 1st extract files on local machine
    – Transfer files via FileZilla with the related FTP account for the webspace.
    – adapted the .htaccess file to meet requirements Joomla
    – Perform the installation accordingly for Joomla, remove old tables in database
    – Remove the installation folder (manual action), create the configuration.php file

I’ve haven’t touched the site since this new installation, but seems there is a permission issue on specific folders.
    Any help is appreciated. 😎

Thank you,

Kind Regards, Jo

TomC Moderator

Perhaps the following resource may assist you further —> http://docs.joomla.org/Verifying_permissions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum