Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

Just starting to look at the JA Tiris template and to add a little customisation, after a couple of colour changes only (I have even uploaded the original CSS to make sure it’ not me) the Top Slideshow is not appearing?

see my screen shot here:

Now I am baffled, I have narrowed this down to Firefox so far (Version 7.0.1) I disssabled all my add-on’s and this then came back, then it disappeared again upon refresh, so I then re-enabled all of the add-ons, and the Top Slideshow again was still not appearing, I then started to disable the add-on’s one by one but none of the add-ons had any effect in fixing the issue, either on or off.

I have cleared the cache numerouse times, I have updated Flash and yet I can not understand why this is still happening?

Any one else having a similar issue?

It works fine in Safari?

Any ideas for a solution?

All thoughts appreciated.

1. Screen-shot-2011-11-03-at-14.26.42
    swillett Friend

I have just restarted Firefox in safe mode and it the JA Slideshow for JA Tiris works but when i re-enable all of the add-ons it stops working again, and so once again i tried to disable each add-on one at a time and still no luck.

I have just powered up the MacBook Pro as well which is currently running Firefox 6.0.2 and this works fine, however the auto update has just kicked in and I will apply this to see if it is Firefox “update” related.

I will keep this post going.

swillett Friend

OK so the update to Firefox on my MacBook Pro has completed and Firefox has restarted, and hey presto this is now running Firefox 7.0.1, the same as my iMac.

JA Tiris looks fine on the MacBook Pro but not on my iMac the only difference is the add-on’s.

The iMac has:
    Firebug
    British Dictionary
    Kaspersky
    PageSpeed

The MacBook Has:
    British Dictionary

I have a feeling it may be related to the Kaspersky add-on but even with this disabled it still will not work on the iMac?

I will keep at it.

swillett Friend

I have narrowed this down finally, it is to do with the Kaspersky Firefox Add-on with Firefox 7.0.1 – you can see the discussion & progress on the Kaspersky forum here:

Firefox & Flash Browser Issue With Kaspersky

switspot Friend

I have the same problem even though I’ve installed the “quickstart” package…

In my opinion it has nothing to do with Kaspersky (which I am also using) because I can see the pictures in the demo page.
    De-activiating Kaspersky doesn’t have an effect on the website at all.

I have the problem with IE, FF, Safari & Chrome…

Can anybody give advice why we can’t see pictures and just placeholders?

Cheers,
    Mike

switspot Friend

same prob with content slide module.

switspot Friend

nobody with a solution?

artinweb Friend

Same problem here, and when i just open the ja_slideshow3 module and hit aply or save everything changes and i see no pictures.

isofall Friend

I have the same problem…

swillett Friend

Still no word or estimated date for an update in regards to the Kaspersky add on for Firefox, and the problem still remains even with FF 8.

swillett Friend

Just as a heads up, I am having another issue with the top Slideshow which has just been identified as a bug, see the thread here: Slideshow Blowout – Frustrating

roksinjo Friend

I had the same problem with slideshow and content slider. in my case the problem came after uninstalation of K2 component. After a few hours of searching the reason i find out that in Plugin-manager some of K2 plugins was still enabled.
    Top Slideshow apear again after i disabled User-K2, System-K2 and Search-K2.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  roksinjo 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum