Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve searched in the forums for this and found a few things but none of them worked (or worked the wrong way). I consider myself a rookie at this, but feel free to get technical with me. I’m a quick learner and who knows, you just may help someone else.

Right now my MAIN MENU is left-aligned (directly above the border of the slideshow module). I would like to center it above the primary image of the slideshow.

I don’t really care who answers this .. rookie that knows their stuff or moderator that just happens to be online:

1) I currently have the template set at specified width of 960px (the same size as the slideshow).
    2) I’ve tested the template at AUTO width to no avail. I’ve tried both NARROW and WIDE but I simply like the look during development to be specified at 960.

pastorbill Friend

I will tell you that this is the closest to what I want by editing mega.css –

.ja-megamenu {margin-left: 13%; padding: 0;
    }

BUT it appears that if I ever change my menu then I will have to adjust the percentage… correct?

pastorbill Friend

It’s nice how I can fix my own problems …

Here is what I found: my template width is actually 1000px instead of the 960 that I stated above in the original question.

I edited my mega.css as such:

.ja-megamenu {margin-left: 140px; padding: 0; width: 840px
    }

Notice that 140 + 840 = 980 (don’t know why the 20px difference in what I did and the width of my template). I tried percentages and they worked in Firefox, but were different in IE and Chrome. I tried a lot of different variations and they would work in one browser but not the others.

This solution actually works in all three. I am open to better solutions if someone can offer them. I am a total rookie at this but I am a master tinker. Got a better code? Teach me. I’m open.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  pastorbill 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum