Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Both in demo and Quickstart installation in localhost , I see top menu bar is not showing always while scrolling down. sometimes Menu bar is visible after scrolling ups and down. Any Quick help?

charles99 Friend

Same problem here too! Only when I start to scroll up does mine appear…

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Hmmm…. I’m not able to replicate the problem. Perhaps an issue related to a specific browser?
    What are you using?
    I’m looking at it in Chrome and appears to work well.

ronicm Friend

<em>@charles99 400868 wrote:</em><blockquote>Same problem here too! Only when I start to scroll up does mine appear…</blockquote>

Thats same for me

<em>@jwbrett 400869 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hmmm…. I’m not able to replicate the problem. Perhaps an issue related to a specific browser?
    What are you using?
    I’m looking at it in Chrome and appears to work well.</blockquote>

i have checked both from FF and Chrome . joomlart demo also behaving like this in my both browser

Another Issue , if i disable off-canvas no menu item appear in navigation bar

charles99 Friend

I have a quick question:

Is that the effect they are trying to get? When you scroll down the top menu disappear and when you scroll up it appears?

Because when you check the menu fixed position it changes as you scroll down… And after playing with it I kinder like the effect even if they wasn’t going for this type of effect. Even on the userpages you get the same effect.

Scrolling down the top menu disappear

Scrolling up the top menu appears

The same thing happens on Joomlart demo also…

Cool!

Phill Moderator

That is the effect they were going for having just read Hung’s thoughts on Skype. The idea being that when you scroll down you get to see as much content as possible and only when you scroll up a line should the menu return. There is some discussion about this offline but I think it will grow on people. I think the effect is best shown on pages other than the home page – http://joomla-templates.joomlart.com/ja_appolio/index.php/en/bonus-page

digitalix Friend

Yes it could be that this is a interesting feature. In my mind it is developer centered, i make websites for users who visit the websites. What do they expect to see? Not just a nice feature, they want to get informations, and yes some want have fun too. Most do not want to make a university lesson or study to maneuver around and to get the information what they want. Since the last Templates, all looks like content is not king, content is like a handicap for your development to make fancy things. I remember a sentence (and also name of a template) “simplicity is not simple”, yes, here is the proof.

Hayden A Friend

Hi ronicm,
    JA Appolio template is mainmenu scrolling down the top menu disappear, scrolling up the top menu appears. If you want mainmenu always scrolling up the top menu appears you need download folder jquery.affixtopmenu and extract file, copy and paste file
    jquery.affixtopmenu.js to => templatesja_appoliojsjquery.affixtopmenu.js

bucklash Friend

I think the menu appearing when scrolling up is a good idea, it possibly removes ‘back to top’ requirement

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bucklash 9 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum