Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m a bit frustrated.
    I’m using JA Content slider for module positions such as user8 however since the articles are not tied to any menu’s the target of the link of the article goes to the home page, therefore I have the JA Slide show and other module positions that are inherited from the home page. I want to actually just target it to the article with no other modules positions or inherited from the home page. I’m able to do this however only by actually adding the article I want to feature in the position (ie user8) to a menu item. I don’t wan to create an entire new menu for just this. Any idea?

At the moment JA Content slider creates the following url:
    /index.php/83-m_rootcategory/my_subcategory/my_2ndsubcategory/myarticlename

and the target is home page with all unwanted module positions.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi jcstauring,

You may not need to assign to one of menu items of current main menu in your site, you can create a new menu or using existing menu like About Joomla, … which are currently not displaying in the frontend but still be published, and assign articles (or categories which articles belongs to) to menu item of menu you chose. Please try this and let me know what’s going on.

Juan Carlos Stauring Friend

thank you, yes i just had to create menu’s and did not publish them.

🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Juan Carlos Stauring 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum