Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I bouhgt 3 months subscription with hope that it’s site where I can get cristal-clear and straight-forward solution with Joomla 1.5! Instead, I am upset because I struggle to intsall JA Edenite template to Joomla 1.5! There’re 11 different files but I don’t know which ones are right to install?

Can anybody please describe proved installation process so I don’t need to waste my time?

Thanks,

Libor

etoel Friend

It’s actually very easy (after you have done it the first time) 🙂

Download the template (ja_edenite_1.5_template_v1.1) to your HDD. Log into the adm panel and go to the install/uninstall. Select the zip file (top option) and choose upload & install. Voila!

If you have trouble it’s probably due to incorrect access priviliges. If you are using the ftp layer you’ll need to verify these settings (just try a normal ftp session and upload a file). If you aren’t you have to check the permissions in your target directory.

150770 Friend

Not that easy as it seems!!

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

Any idea??

etoel Friend

<em>@150770 46743 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not that easy as it seems!!

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

Any idea??</blockquote>

Sounds like the installer isn’t able to unpack the zip file. Are you using the ftp layer?

TomC Moderator

Libor:

You really should consider starting out with the Quickstart installation for Edenite.
    It’s got everything you need – exactly like the demo.

From there, you can edit, unpublish and/or disable anything you want.
    Very little hassle, much simplification.

150770 Friend

Hi Tom,

if I understand correctly all which is in ja_edenite_1.5_quickstart_v1.1.zip should be copied to C:xampphtdocsjoomla directory level so it change settings of modules in Joomla server?

Best regards,

Libor

TomC Moderator

Menalto has actually created a very helpful tutorial on installing Quickstart Packages -> [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/quick-start-installation-guide/

150770 Friend

Hi Tom,

ok, I did it but I can’t see template in order as shown in demo. How do I setup modules that all pictures are shown correctly? (logo etc.).

TomC Moderator

What do you mean you can’t see the template?

If you installed the quickstart package correctly, the template should be only one you have installed.
    Did you start clean with a fresh install and database?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum