Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m setting up JA Intranet modules manually per the documentation. I’ve noticed that the "JA Extra Fields" tab doesn’t appear in my module configuration screen. Does this matter?

Maybe JA Intranet doesn’t use them at all and that’s why I don’t see this tab – which appears in the images displaying the module setup details. I know I’ve seen/used this field when testing other JA templates (which aren’t install on this site).

Thanks.

spiritharp Friend

I’ve now installed the Quickstart version of JA Intranet on a new test site and I see that the "JA Extra Fields" tab is available in this case. Unfortunately, that seems like a minor issue at this point, compared to the other discrepancies I’m finding between the documentation and your template + ES/ED install.

Notably, there is no module position "es-dashboard-sidebar-top" – which of course should be part of the EasySocial install. This prevents me from easily unpublishing the default EasySocial modules which are redundant if I use your Community page layout – and that is of course the idea.

I’ve tried searching this forum and didn’t see this issue mentioned. I’m wondering if this is something you’re working on for the expected update?

At this point I’m doubtful this template is practical for me, as much as I look the look and functionality compared to the default stackideas templates (whether I use the JA Intranet Quickstart version or not). I can’t afford to pay someone to do this work for me, and it seems I’ll need to spend endless hours trying to fix the issues (including trying to get answers here). and do the otherwise simple customizations I’m looking for.

Am I missing something? Where can I find more info on the expected update – what are the issues being addressed?

Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

@spiritharp

I guess JA Intranet is not the default template on your site now, you can try set it as default and the JA Extra Fields tab will display.

If it doesn’t work, you can provide the login info of your site so I will have a look.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum