Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody,

i’ve just put my new landscape and wildlife website online using JA Fagus:

http://www.basmeelker.nl

Comments are welcome!

Best regards,

Bas Meelker

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

The graphics are all ok but the background of the website, I suggest you do not use dark background. This is because you have colorful images. In order to make all of your photos stand out, you have to use light color background, otherwise I feel your website is a bit down. And, light color background can make your website more lively.

Kent

shertmann Friend

is good your site congrats however needs more life beacuse its a photography site so its main goal its a graphical point of view. may be a dark background is not bad but withh color the black or dark grey its the obvious choice of many people but you can take chances and select another color or colors. it was pretty confusing for me to surf it, mostly its not intuitive.

jimmy2thou Friend

Hi. I just looked at your website and think it is fantastic! I am also a photographer and it has made me want to put some effort into improving my website. Thanks for the inspiration. 🙂

jimmer Friend

Very nice site. The bird goes well with the colours….

😉

jimmer Friend

<em>@sfpkent 90018 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

The graphics are all ok but the background of the website, I suggest you do not use dark background. This is because you have colorful images. In order to make all of your photos stand out, you have to use light color background, otherwise I feel your website is a bit down. And, light color background can make your website more lively.

Kent</blockquote>

I don’t agree with the dark background. I think it all blends well…

sunrise Friend

I like Fagus a lot already, and you have made good use of it I think. I realy like you pictures too, Great photography. Must have take a lot of time to get some of them, time and patience. Keep it up!

mig500 Friend

I also dont agree with the dark background. The best photo site for me as a black backgroung http://www.olhares.com

swemmel Friend

Hi Bas,

I like the website. It looks very nice.

I found some issues on the site you have to check:

• When clicking one of the tips (“Tips Natuurfotografie”) I get an 404-error-message.
    • When hovering through the menu (Internet Explorer 6) the menu messes up (look picture)

Hope this helps.

With kind regards,
    Peter

1. Clipboard02
    mfcphil Friend

You can fix the problem Swemmel has pointed out by following the instructions below :

ul.menu {
    }

ul.menu li {
    width: 99%;
    }

add the above code to the template.css file in templatesja_faguscss folder.

Hope this helps

sunrise Friend

<em>@mfcphil 93635 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can fix the problem Swemmel has pointed out by following the instructions below :

ul.menu {
    }

ul.menu li {
    width: 99%;
    }

add the above code to the template.css file in templatesja_faguscss folder.

Hope this helps</blockquote>
    Hi mfcphil, I have been trying to get help with the same problem as on the picture above. I also have a site using Fagus, and the problem happens in the “right” column, as well as “user5”. Since this does not have anything to do with the menu, what would I add to the template.css file. Do you have any suggestions?

The site is http://www.jonas-christy.com

webxsited Friend

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the reply’s and a special thanks to mfcphil for posting a solution for the menu problem. I’ll try it out!

Kind regards,

Bas Meelker

sunrise Friend

Don’t forget to post if the solution mfcphil gave works. I have a similar problem.

webxsited Friend

<em>@sunrise 94356 wrote:</em><blockquote>Don’t forget to post if the solution mfcphil gave works. I have a similar problem.</blockquote>

Hi Sunrise,

The problem is I can’t see if it works because I work with a mac and the problem did not show up on a mac. I only knew that there was a problem after checking my site on a windows machine. The next test will be in a couple of day’s, but if anyone can check it out before that, it will be much appreciated. I’ll keep you posted!

Kind regards,
    Bas Meelker

sunrise Friend

Hi Bas Meelker,

I looked at your site again, and it still looks great. I used IE7 and could not find any of the mentioned poblems. I don’t have IE6 installed. On my site the problem is with IE7 as well, so I’ll try to implement the solution you got for my problem and see if I can find a solution.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  jimmer 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum