Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Here is an example of a site I finished using the JA Fagus template.

It also has some script work done by shape5.com ( the pull down ).

http://www.tropicalhomes.us

Tropical Homes is a Builder related site in the State of Florida.

Estate agent, along with a few other components ( Galleries, etc.) is also installed here but currently not being used.

It’s the only site I’ve used Joomlart stuff on but will probably end
    up using their templates elsewhere. Some are quite nice.

Thanks,

Gary Meleski

bennitos Friend

The site looks really good.

Would you be so kind to tell wich script is that from shape5? Quite like it.

You did a good job on the banners there they really pop out.

One thing i would change tho is the small joomla logo showing in FF en IE7 tabs.

tempusserbia Friend

Nice one, and nice implementation of that S5 Frontpage Display. Little sugesstion, change joomla icons (ie folder icons in downloads section) to suit to your site design (colors). Also, if I am customer, I would like to see links in that Frontpage dispay, instead of pure text.

Keep good work.

mfcphil Friend

Looking good!! I love your flash header….

I love fagus….Well done 😉

gmeleski Friend

<em>@bennitos 59261 wrote:</em><blockquote>The site looks really good.

Would you be so kind to tell wich script is that from shape5? Quite like it.

You did a good job on the banners there they really pop out.

One thing i would change tho is the small joomla logo showing in FF en IE7 tabs.</blockquote>

Hi,

That was the “S5 Drop Down”. It had to be programmed in by them as it was quite complex to add to an existing template (other than their own). It cost $ 125.00 US but the client paid for it.
    They had to modify the template and add various css elements also.

I feel it was well worth it. Plus they did it in just a few hours with FTP and backend access.

You are right, I forgot about changing the Joomla logo.
    Thank you for reminding me.

Gary

TomC Moderator

<em>@mfcphil 59270 wrote:</em><blockquote>Looking good!! I love your flash header….

I love fagus….Well done ;)</blockquote>
    I am going to have to agree – very nice looking.

As a bit of constructive criticism, it may enhance the appeal of your home page to have an image or two of some of the “Florida Homes” within the main content section. As it is right now – although informative – it’s a bit blah (visually).

Just a suggestion. Overall, very nice work !!!

nigelta Friend

It looks really professional, easy to navigate and quick to load – well done 😉

One small criticism is that I was expecting something a little brighter considering the site URL but it grew on me the more I checked through it.

bennitos Friend

Pfff im in love with that “S5 Drop Down”……..

Joomlart please make one!!! 😉

akaiya Friend

Do I ever have some growing up to do…love the look of this site, clean, smooth, loads quite flawlessly…all I can say is I have much work to do in order to attain the level of class I’ve seen in the showcased sites I’ve viewed thus far. Well done!

mfcphil Friend

Just a little suggestion…I would just add a few more seconds in the delay time in the header…..just to keep the slower readers..like myself happy. 😉

jwellman Friend

Maybe it’s just me but I had a horrible time getting this site to load. Once it loaded Firefox and Explorer showed these errors at the bottom of your page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tropica/public_html/components/com_joomlastats/joomlastats.inc.php on line 395

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tropica/public_html/components/com_joomlastats/joomlastats.inc.php on line 422

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tropica/public_html/components/com_joomlastats/joomlastats.inc.php on line 457

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tropica/public_html/components/com_joomlastats/joomlastats.inc.php on line 867

All in all (from what I could see) the site looks very nice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jwellman 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum