Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

<em>@annaleen 115464 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you ShannonN, well said and don’t you think they should be transparent with new prospective clients and tell them to expect 12 templates, 1 each month instead of the current misleading ad they run? :confused:</blockquote>
    Hey analeen . . . Let me know when you start YOUR Template Club and run it without a hitch to 100% satisfaction of everyone, m’kay? 😉

The part that I DO agree with you all on is that the advent of the Magento Template Club portion of JA should not affect the quality of the Joomla template offering. Nevertheless, I still feel that JA has been stepping it up as of late with the creativity and innovation in their template offerings over the last several months – and the additions to the JA Cooper template – in my opinion – are acceptable additions/releases as the second February 2009 offering.

Of course, now it’s March – isn’t it? 😉

TomC Moderator

<em>@munders 115466 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I would like to see a poll on the site that asks JATC members if they are happy with 1 new template per month. I bet that doesnt happen for obvious reasons!
    </blockquote>
    You are relatively new and weren’t around to the extensive discussions that took place regarding the eventual switch (coming August of this year) to one template per month. No need for a poll – it’s been discussed to death and has been decided.

annaleen Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 115549 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey analeen . . . Let me know when you start YOUR Template Club and run it without a hitch to 100% satisfaction of everyone, m’kay? ;)</blockquote>

tcraw1010 I’m using JA because I don’t have the time or skills :-[ to do the templates. There were many templates that I didn’t like – never complained ’cause I know it’s about different tastes and then a lot that I think are awesome templates, highly creative.

I want to quote SannonN once again saying they should be more transparent by saying they are understaffed and to me Magento is a separate business altogether. If I own a McDonalds then starting a new Starbucks – I can’t tell customers no Combo’s at McDonalds this month, sorry too busy at Starbucks.

It’s the manner in which they do it, instead of slapping a few colours on Cooper, how about saying the first Magento template is free as introductory offer to old customers, after that you pay? 😎 I may not use that but I think it would be a nice gesture to “understanding” customers.

hanifahmed Friend
    TomC Moderator

<em>@annaleen 115597 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    It’s the manner in which they do it, instead of slapping a few colours on Cooper, how about saying the first Magento template is free as introductory offer to old customers, after that you pay? 😎 I may not use that but I think it would be a nice gesture to “understanding” customers.</blockquote>
    What’s the difference between a template you are not going to use and updates/upgrades to the Cooper template?
    It seems as though it’s more of an eye candy issue for you than a practicality issue.

I’m quite sure that JA will be releasing it’s March 2009 template soon – and then you will have your new eye candy to see
    – and, who knows, maybe actually utilize.

😎

thatcomputerdude Friend

I’m happy with JA Template club.

But if you want to see a template club that doesn’t ever miss a beat – check out Rocket Theme.

Now before anyone gets their panties in a wad – I’m not bashing JA, I like this club VERY much for 2 reasons: They’ve been deliver very high quality templates and you get two a month. That’s something different from other clubs.

I do become very disapointed when I don’t get what I’ve paid for but for this to happen 1 time, that’s not a good reason IMO to get all butt hurt over.

Cut the team a break and if you don’t like it – take your business else where or learn how to do it yourself. These guys are giving you something you can’t do on your own, so be thankful for it.

munders Friend

Yes but that’s why we PAY them! If it was free then we would understand the shortfall of templates and redistribution of effort to Magento Club……. but we have to pay, do you understand?

thatcomputerdude Friend

You do realize you paid for a membership of 20 templates per year.

If you do the math, correctly, that’s not 2 templates per month. there will be 4 months we only get 1 template.

munders Friend

Look dude, before I paid for membership I checked the FAQs. Take a look, this is what you will find right now….

JA templates are released on a regular basis?

Yes! 2 high-quality templates will be released every month. More importantly, existing templates will be updated along with the new version of Joomla. There will also be a revised version (Extra or Version II) of an outstanding template released if it is highly demanded.

Case closed. Its theres in black and white. :-[

ShannonN Friend

thatcomputerdude;115655I’m happy with JA Template club.

But if you want to see a template club that doesn’t ever miss a beat – check out Rocket Theme.

Now before anyone gets their panties in a wad – I’m not bashing JA, I like this club VERY much for 2 reasons: They’ve been deliver very high quality templates and you get two a month. That’s something different from other clubs.

I do become very disapointed when I don’t get what I’ve paid for but for this to happen 1 time, that’s not a good reason IMO to get all butt hurt over.

Cut the team a break and if you don’t like it – take your business else where or learn how to do it yourself. These guys are giving you something you can’t do on your own, so be thankful for it.

Very easy for someone who joined in Dec 2008 to say don’t like it take your business elsewhere, many here inc. me have developer memberships that have 2 years or more to run, paid for in advance, in good faith of getting two templates per month as was the terms of contract we signed and paid for in ADVANCE, we the long term dev members are probably the hardest hit by the change in august? is it? to 1 template per month.

But we happily accept and choose to support JA hoping this will benefit all the community by allowing JA time to develop more included features (extensions) and higher quality templates overall.

Paying more to go elsewhere is not viable and it’s a contractual point that we make, if they say two templates, they have to deliver two templates till the changeover point, we wont sue no! we do understand they are stretched, we just want them to know we do expect them to honour a contract, and don’t make a habit of 1 template when they are spread thin because of other commitments such as seperate Magneto development., etc

ShannonN

didima Friend

Yes! 2 high-quality templates will be released every month. More importantly, existing templates will be updated along with the new version of Joomla. There will also be a revised version (Extra or Version II) of an outstanding template released if it is highly demanded.

JA NEEDS TO – Follow the rules, and read terms and conditions BUT DONT DELETE THE POST

BY THE WAY I FOUND THIS ON JA FAQ PAGES SO

didima Friend

<em>@munders 115667 wrote:</em><blockquote>Look dude, before I paid for membership I checked the FAQs. Take a look, this is what you will find right now….

Case closed. Its theres in black and white. :-[</blockquote>

l do agree with you, no rules here like on SOTM poll ? Deleting post wont sort out the problems ????

metamar Friend

I have to admit that I was a little scared when I learned that Joomlart was coming out with a new “club” of higher technology templates that I could not access one month after becoming a member. I wish I had waited or have been informed of it although I am not 100% awar of the technology differences yet. I do also worry that this new club might bring the normal template and plugin club’ quality down…. Or less templates per month? Having a new club…does that mean that Joomlart actually hired twice the amount of technicians they had before or are the same technicians spreading out their work load. Joomlart’s templates (although I didnt ike the last 3) have always had an artistic side to them and as an artist I know that inspiration is needed to create. I would rather have 1 template a month instead of 2 instead of cutting down on quality but I do agree that quality and number of template should remain the same as when I decided to join Joomlart.

I am not complaining, just giving my sincere and honest opinion. Some thing has to give right?
    Either joomlart got more employees (Good thing) or quality will go down (bad) or # of templates go down (bad but I can live with it I guess).

You could choose to just buy alot of coffee, chocolat and halucinetic drugs to improve the quality of art in templates but I am sure the code would be buggy

I do trust that Joomlart will do right thing. Go Joomlart!

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@metamar 115757 wrote:</em><blockquote>You could choose to just buy alot of coffee, chocolat and halucinetic drugs to improve the quality of art in templates but I am sure the code would be buggy
    </blockquote>

Well, that sounds good, let’s take this and open our own template club, then all the others can complain about our buggy codes, the irregularities in the monthly template releases, our ventures into other open source regions and not we no more…;):D Plus, we will also go deeper into making closed source templates for Microsoft!:D

Take it easy! (There was a poll in the JA Cooper Thread with 2 options, option 1 was “We want more business themes”, the other option was “We want something new”. Now the poll ended with option 1. That is how it goes…and something new can also have been a new template, however you see it.)

thatcomputerdude Friend

<em>@ShannonN 115733 wrote:</em><blockquote>Very easy for someone who joined in Dec 2008 to say don’t like it take your business elsewhere, many here inc. me have developer memberships that have 2 years or more to run, paid for in advance, in good faith of getting two templates per month as was the terms of contract we signed and paid for in ADVANCE, we the long term dev members are probably the hardest hit by the change in august? is it? to 1 template per month.

But we happily accept and choose to support JA hoping this will benefit all the community by allowing JA time to develop more included features (extensions) and higher quality templates overall.

Paying more to go elsewhere is not viable and it’s a contractual point that we make, if they say two templates, they have to deliver two templates till the changeover point, we wont sue no! we do understand they are stretched, we just want them to know we do expect them to honour a contract, and don’t make a habit of 1 template when they are spread thin because of other commitments such as seperate Magneto development., etc

ShannonN</blockquote>

It’s VERY easy for me to say – when I joined it said on the front page 20 templates coming for the year and when I do the math, that doesn’t = 2 per month every month.

It’s pretty simple concept – if you aren’t happy with the quality of service or what a company delivers – go somewhere else that will give you what you want and/or they promise, specially if this isn’t the first time this has happened.

And if this is the first time it’s happened, why all the fuss? There isn’t a single company/developer on this site that has lived up to their promises 100% of the time in business and anyone that says they have is a liar.

I can understand disappointment but to act like this is the end of the world is a little ridiculous.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum