Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have an issue with the Ja-fixel template. I dont like joomshopping at all, if I buy the template, how can I switch the ecommerce component from joomshopping to something more known like hikashop or virtuemart?

Would it be hard to switch?

TomC Moderator

<em>@chargersrool 446579 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have an issue with the Ja-fixel template. I dont like joomshopping at all, if I buy the template, how can I switch the ecommerce component from joomshopping to something more known like hikashop or virtuemart?

Would it be hard to switch?</blockquote>

Actually, there’s no actual “switching” involved . . . You can integrate any Joomla (version) compatible ecommerce component you wish with JA Fixel – be it VirtueMart or HikaShop or MijoShop, etc.

chargersrool Friend

<em>@TomC 446586 wrote:</em><blockquote>Actually, there’s no actual “switching” involved . . . You can integrate any Joomla (version) compatible ecommerce component you wish with JA Fixel – be it VirtueMart or HikaShop or MijoShop, etc.</blockquote>

How would I do this then?
    I want to use the quickstart j3.0 file, and comes with joomshopping pre-installed im assuming.

Is there an option to determine which ecommerce component i can use for this template?

TomC Moderator

<em>@chargersrool 446589 wrote:</em><blockquote>How would I do this then?
    I want to use the quickstart j3.0 file, and comes with joomshopping pre-installed im assuming.

Is there an option to determine which ecommerce component i can use for this template?</blockquote>

Well, you can always install the quickstart and then remove the JoomShopping component altogether
    – via your Extension Manager

chargersrool Friend

Right but what Im getting at is will it have the same layout? As you see in the ja-fixel store, i like the interactive boxes with a color overlay and text. If i switch to mijoshop, will it be modified this way as well?

TomC Moderator

<em>@chargersrool 446615 wrote:</em><blockquote>Right but what Im getting at is will it have the same layout? As you see in the ja-fixel store, i like the interactive boxes with a color overlay and text. If i switch to mijoshop, will it be modified this way as well?</blockquote>
    No, it will likely not have the same layout/functionality as you see in the demo out of the box . . . as those elements werre developed/included to function with JoomShopping and the specific functions and CSS would be relative to JoomShopping.

However, there are plenty of options and extensions available for all of the alternative compatible shopping cart components … many of them FREE.

chargersrool Friend

Do you think it would be hard to have a programmer copy this layout? (with joomshopping onto mijoshop)

TomC Moderator

<em>@chargersrool 446617 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you think it would be hard to have a programmer copy this layout? (with joomshopping onto mijoshop)</blockquote>

If you mean one of JoomlArt’s Developers, I’m afraid such a custom request is outside the scope of Technical Support.

However, you can certainly post the idea up on a freelance site, such as JOOMLANCERS and see what kind of bids you get.

chargersrool Friend

Thanks Tom,
    I noticed on the template that you can only use blocks like a grid.
    Any way to disable this?
    Say I want to install a module that uses the whole body of the template.
    This is important before I buy the template.

Saguaros Moderator

JA Fixel template supports several special layouts with grid as you can see in our demo site, you can use different type of grid: 1×1, 2×2, etc… associated with the dimension you expect.

Beside that JA Fixel also supports default layout as a standard Joomla template so you just go to configuration in backend > switch the layout and assign your desired module there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum