Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

How and where can I change the parameters from the ja-header module like height and underground-colour?

instantinlaw Friend

Hi
    You can change the parameters in the JA Header Module.
    Good luck.

TomC Moderator

<em>@alpi58 19047 wrote:</em><blockquote>How and where can I change the parameters from the ja-header module like height and underground-colour?</blockquote>

What web-editor are you using? – WYSIWYG Pro? Dreamweaver?

In addition to looking in the JA Header Module file (found within the “modules” folder that should be within your file folders on yoru web server, also check the index.php file and figure out which css style(s) are controlling the Header appearance (i.e. background, height/width, padding, etc.)

Once you figure out which css rule is controling it, you can change the individual parameters accordingly.

Also, if you want to change the images that make up the Header, look into the images/header file and – if you want to – replace the images with your own. (Don’t forget to make sure that the css rule that is controlling the Header is pointing to the right image if/when you change it).

Bottom line, it’s a matter of lookign though the code and experimenting with various changes and alterations in the CSS and whatnot. This is how I’ve been figuring things out . . . and believe me, I was a complete mess when it came to CSS and customizing templates.
    (Now, I’m only partially a mess … working my way up to “sort of” a mess). 😉

GOOD LUCK !!!

TOM

alpi58 Friend

thank you for your description. but I do not find a parameter in index.php, which regulates the height of module ja-header. can one adjust it perhaps elsewhere? I can not find an extra parameter to adjust the total height of the ja-header module!

TomC Moderator

It wouldn’t be within the index.php file … here’s what I said above:

In addition to looking in the JA Header Module file (found within the “modules” folder that should be within your file folders on your web server, also check the index.php file and figure out which css style(s) are controlling the Header appearance (i.e. background, height/width, padding, etc.)

Once you figure out which css rule is controlling it, you can change the individual parameters accordingly.

Also, if you want to change the images that make up the Header, look into the images/header file and – if you want to – replace the images with your own. (Don’t forget to make sure that the css rule that is controlling the Header is pointing to the right image if/when you change it).

You need to look through the template.css.css file and the JA_Header module file.

cyrber971 Friend

You must change in the css : template_css.css line : /* Sub Header */
    #ja-sh { put the value of height like you want, it’s runing

alpi58 Friend

Yeah,that is it ! Thank you very much for this help!:D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alpi58 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum