Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I want to display ten images in a article. Also want to have a text for each article as a caption. How do I do it. I have gone thru the documentation but i am not able to do it.

You can help in – selecting the proper plugin and how to give caption for each image.

Thanks

Anonymous Moderator

Hi joomlagt,

When create new or edit a article for Joomla! 1.5, you can insert highslide tags as following:

{highslide type=”img” url=”demo/gallery/gl-22.jpg” width=200 captionText=’Sample image’ }
    {/highslide}

+ captionText: is caption for each image.

Hope it helps.

G T Friend

But when there are multiple images?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi joomlagt,

To do this issue, you can create multi highslides for an article as following:

{highslide type=”img” url=”demo/gallery/gl-22.jpg” width=200 captionText=’Sample image’ }
    {/highslide}
    {highslide type=”img” url=”demo/gallery/gl-23.jpg” width=200 captionText=’Sample image 2′ }
    {/highslide}
    {highslide type=”img” url=”demo/gallery/gl-24.jpg” width=200 captionText=’Sample image 3′ }
    {/highslide}

Then you can just html and css to have a beautiful highslide.

cjmicro Friend

Can you just specify a folder to show for the images rather than identify the multiple images?

Cheryl

scotty Friend

Yes but only if it’s a module, not for main content.

Of course you could place the module inside the main content by following my tutorial [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-place-a-module-inside-an-article-or-main-content-area/

cjmicro Friend

What i want to do is show a slide of some images for virtuemart products within the virtuemart description area. So I was going to use the highslide plugin… but if you have another idea i’d love to hear it!

I will def. go check out your other link too. Thanks,

Cheryl

scotty Friend
    Anonymous Moderator

Hi cjmicro,

<blockquote>Can you just specify a folder to show for the images rather than identify the multiple images?</blockquote>

If you use specify a folder, you can not show title for each image.
    For your case, i think with each image, you add a title into this image.

cjmicro Friend

Thank you, i don’t need the description, but i would like to show a slide of the different views of a particular product IN that product’s description area (a child product), so I think I need the plugin.

If I use the module wouldn’t I have to make a module for each product then insert that module into the product’s description?

I will try to get it working on the site with the plugin.

Cheryl

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum