Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

The template and module installation on Joomla 1.5RC3 is not possilble “unable to rename…” :confused: Hence I put the data on my sever. Resulting error message on frontpage:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for getinstance() in /www/htdocs/w007274c/joo2/libraries/joomla/application/menu.php on line 84

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getitems() in /www/htdocs/w007274c/joo2/templates/ja_koniga_15RC2/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 27

Is there any fix and guide for use/config of the template available? In addition it would be great to know how to install the missing modules.

I would appreciate receiving a short response. :-*

Many thanks
    Weirdo

dsmoyes Friend

<em>@Weirdo 29491 wrote:</em><blockquote>The template and module installation on Joomla 1.5RC3 is not possilble “unable to rename…” :confused: Hence I put the data on my sever. Resulting error message on frontpage:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for getinstance() in /www/htdocs/w007274c/joo2/libraries/joomla/application/menu.php on line 84

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getitems() in /www/htdocs/w007274c/joo2/templates/ja_koniga_15RC2/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 27

Is there any fix and guide for use/config of the template available? In addition it would be great to know how to install the missing modules.

I would appreciate receiving a short response. :-*

Many thanks
    Weirdo</blockquote>
    Same problem here.

Warning: Missing argument 1 for JMenu::getInstance(), called in /home/public_html/templates/ja_koniga/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 21 and defined in /home/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/menu.php on line 84

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JException::getItems() in /home/public_html/templates/ja_koniga/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 27

Weirdo Friend

Any news on this?

Thanks,
    Weirdo

dominusnex Friend

I am a new member and definately won’t be renewing in a couple months after finding templates, like this one, which don’t even work correctly (under 1.0) especially after seeing this extremely poor, so called, support forum!

geleugim Friend

Are the images on the user guide, going to show up some time soon?

Weirdo Friend

Just a reminder … since 10-10-2007 no support on current topic.

Cheers, Weirdo

arpboy Friend

It’s now been over two weeks, with no reply. ARE YOU GUYS STILL THERE?

pjohnh Friend

What rubbish. The readme has broken links, changes to index.php have no effect (wide doesn’t go wide, transmenu stays as crappy default menu) and you can’t be bothered answering anyones questions. To hell with joomlart. Won’t be paying you guys another cent.

arpboy Friend

I’m not at that point yet, but the gap is closing.

GUYS, A SUGGESTION! How about a 1- or 2-month stop on any new templates, and use that time to fix the ones you already have? You’ll have a much more satisfied user base, and you’ll still draw in new clients.

How about it?

Weirdo Friend

***push***

Michael Casha Friend

Have you tried renaming the folder? That might fix the issues you’re having.

ruskenb Friend

I feel tired for keeping browsing the pages until at the end..and coming to no help and solution.

arpboy Friend

Guys:

For some reason, it seems that an earlier fix I received on this isn’t posted. I can get to it directly from my e-mail, but I can’t find it here. I’ll post the fix from user Ghoz, from Belgium. He was incredibly nice to give this to me, and this fixed my problem, so let’s share it:

<blockquote>Well Guys,

After carefully looking at the Joomla 1.5 API documentation, I extracted the following sentense:

“JMenu is implemented as a Singleton object, that is only one instance of this object exists per client (’site’, ‘administrator’, ‘installation’.)”.

What that means is that when calling JMenu::getInstance(), you have to provide this function a valid client application name. Valid names can be obtained using JApplicationHelper::getClientInfo.

So, I slightly modified the Base.class.php file in order to pass the ‘site’ client application name and everything works back fine.

So, in the loadMenu() function, I changed the line:
    $menu = @JMenu :: getInstance();
    By this
    $menu = @JMenu::getInstance(‘site’);

That’s it!

I believe there is no need to be that aggressive against JoomlArt people.
    We should try to be more constructive here and help them on the still evolving Joomla 1.5 version. They are doing their best with their available resources.

By the way, Joomla1.5 is not yet stable, it’s an RC3. It’s supposed to be close to a realase version but it is NOT.

If you guys decide to go live with this, don’t blame JoomlArt … you should be aware that that you could encounter such problems.

Cheers,
    Greg</blockquote>

I still have problems with the “Wide” setting not working properly, but at least this template will now come up on 1.5RC3 (to see: http://www.RichardBerry.org)

tommybart2000 Friend

Some news about the style switch bug ?
    I just installed the quickstart 1.5 stable and I can’t change to laputa.
    By the way, once again, this really needs a manual. Even the quickstart is a pain to configure. How do we know that we have to use user5 for avatar and to add a thumbs folder so that the gallery can work well ?

adathakkar Friend

Hi,

Could you update the images on the user guide

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

This topic contains 47 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  natali523 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum