Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am using JA Kyanite II template. How can I update “Copyright 2011″ to “Copyright 2012” in the footer section?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@ruddin3195 300172 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I am using JA Kyanite II template. How can I update “Copyright 2011″ to “Copyright 2012” in the footer section?

Thanks</blockquote>
    Do you not remember how you modified the copyright previously?

ruddin3195 Developer

<em>@TomC 300180 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you not remember how you modified the copyright previously?</blockquote>

Unfortunately NOT, other wise I would not need to post it. Anyway.. the site was developed by someone else and I am just updating. New to Joomla of course.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ruddin3195 300198 wrote:</em><blockquote>Unfortunately NOT, other wise I would not need to post it. Anyway.. the site was developed by someone else and I am just updating. New to Joomla of course.</blockquote>
    Do you remember whom the other developer is and/or did this person develop the site using your account?
    If so, did you purchase the copyright removal license for this site?

ruddin3195 Developer

<em>@TomC 300199 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you remember whom the other developer is and/or did this person develop the site using your account?
    If so, did you purchase the copyright removal license for this site?
    </blockquote>

Copyright removal license was purchased under the developer account. Unfortunately, I am unable to contact the developer as well. As far as I know, you do not need to buy copyright removal license to change “Copyright 2011” to “Copyright 2012”, it is required when you want to remove Design by Joomlart. Correct me if I am wrong.

TomC Moderator

The copyright date info should be within templates/ja_kyanite_ii/html/mod_footer/default.php

ruddin3195 Developer

<em>@TomC 300201 wrote:</em><blockquote>The copyright date info should be within templates/ja_kyanite_ii/html/mod_footer/default.php</blockquote>

Thanks Tom for the prompt reply. But I could not find copyright date in templates/ja_kyanite_ii/html/mod_footer/default.php file. Any other solution?

TomC Moderator

<em>@ruddin3195 300202 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Tom for the prompt reply. But I could not find copyright date in templates/ja_kyanite_ii/html/mod_footer/default.php file. Any other solution?</blockquote>
    How about /modules/mod_footer ??

ruddin3195 Developer

<em>@TomC 300203 wrote:</em><blockquote>How about /modules/mod_footer ??</blockquote>

No luck. Here is the site http://www.imperial.edu.au. I need to change the YEAR only

TomC Moderator

Try opening file languageen-GBen-GB.mod_footer.ini

Where you see the line . . .

<blockquote>FOOTER_LINE1=Copyright © %date% %sitename%. All Rights Reserved.</blockquote>

Try changing as follows . . .

<blockquote>FOOTER_LINE1=Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved.</blockquote>

ruddin3195 Developer

<em>@TomC 300210 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try opening file languageen-GBen-GB.mod_footer.ini

Where you see the line . . .

Try changing as follows . . .</blockquote>

Hi Tom,
    Just tried as you said. Still no change. Sorry for the trouble. I guess the file might be somewhere else.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ruddin3195 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum