Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I downloaded the JA Larix (Quickstart) and uploaded it and all is well. I decided to go for the Joomla 1.5 rather than Joomla 1.0.15 due to Joomla NEW and better CMS platform engine.

However, I noticed that the JA Larix is not running in Joomla 1.5, but is running in the Joomla 1.5 Legacy mode 1.0.

Please could someone tell me whether JA Larix is able to run in the Joomla 1.5 mode itself and if so, is there a Quickstart for this mode?

Virtuemart have released a version for Joomla 1.5 – I was simply wondering why the Joomla 1.5 template JA Larix is not making use of the new Virtuemart?

On the Joomla.org forum under Joomla 1.5 FAQ’a at the bottom is reads this:

Where is the legacy mode?/Are there any problems when running in legacy mode?
    The legacy mode is a plugin and can be activated by enabling the legacy plugin in the system group in the plugin manager. This plugin loads some code, which emulates the old code of Joomla! 1.0 and thus allows old extensions to run on Joomla! 1.5. There is a minimal performance decrease by this, but it is barely noticeable. This code however does not “fix” old code to use the new wonders of the Joomla! 1.5 framework, thus old extensions will not profit from the new framework. It is not really a problem if you run in legacy mode. It’s just more “future-proof” if you don’t rely on software that may not be in development anymore. Think about a commenting system that has once been developed for Joomla! 1.0 and whose author has since gone to other areas, leaving his code untouched. Joomla! 1.5 and some versions after that will still have this legacy mode, but somewhere, we will remove this and then your extension will not work anymore. This is no “Yes/No” decision, but you have to carefully weigh which extensions you want to use.

It was this article that got me questioning this version of JA Larix for Joomla 1.5.2.

Please advise.

Thank you.

komang Friend

Hello freddy

Ja larix working good on joomla 1.5x with or without legacy mode.
    I have already site with this template and i was install on joomla 1.5.3
    you can check out my site on http://www.balipublisher.com , so far no problem found with this templates.

freddy Friend

Ahhhh ok that is fantastic good news.

What did you do? Did you simply turn off the Legacy mode?

I am running Joomla 1.5.2 should I upgrade from Joomla 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 from Joomla downloads? I have already populated my site with About Us, Business Mission Statements etc etc and don’t want to lose any of that and played about with the CSS also.

And what about Virtuemart can this be upgraded to the latest version too?

Thanks komang.

komang Friend

Yes you can upgrade your virtualmart.
    I recommended before you upload into server or upgrade, try first on your localhost to avoid damage database. For faster backup I used Joomla Backup from joomlapack.net. this tool very complate and easy to use also it free. You can used this tool to complete backup and create joomla installer like as joomla quickstart .

Oh ya.. you can turn off legacy mode after template already installed into your joomla.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  komang 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum