Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I am interested in buying the JA Larix template. Could you give me some more information about the template.

– Is the template native Joomla 1.5 or is it just a 1.0 template which works for joomla 1.5
    – is it already tested with the Virtuemart 1.1.0 stable?

I am very familiar with HTML / CSS. I want to change the color scheme of the template. Is it supported or is there a lot of hassle to change it?

TomC Moderator

Yes, Larix is updated for Joomla 1.5. From what I see, I believe it will work just fine with VirtueMart 1.1.0.

newone Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 53679 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, Larix is updated for Joomla 1.5. From what I see, I believe it will work just fine with VirtueMart 1.1.0.</blockquote>
    No it does not. Ja Larix does not work well with VirtueMart 1.1.0 and Joomla 1.5.3. They have not updated the template.

If you have a working site, could you send a link?

TomC Moderator

<em>@newone 53722 wrote:</em><blockquote>No it does not. Ja Larix does not work well with VirtueMart 1.1.0 and Joomla 1.5.3. They have not updated the template.
    </blockquote>
    Have you tried?

Hung and his Team HAVE updated Larix for Joomla 1.5.

Menalto Friend

The template is updated for 1.5, but not for VM 1.1.0, there is a couple of changes needed to make it run nice with the new VM.

Hung Dinh Friend

JA Larix has been updated to 1.2 today, tested an confirm to work with VirtueMart 1.1.0 and Joomla 1.5.3.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=500

newone Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 53763 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA Larix has been updated to 1.2 today, tested an confirm to work with VirtueMart 1.1.0 and Joomla 1.5.3.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=500</blockquote>
    Thanks. I have been looking forward to this update. I will test it and report any problems, if I do find one.

newone Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 53726 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have you tried?

Hung and his Team HAVE updated Larix for Joomla 1.5.</blockquote>
    It would be better if you read the entire statement before responding.

markwilde Friend

Thanks for all the replies. I am not yet a member of the site. The link you posted is not accessible for me. Could you give me a brief outline?

Should I buy the template or not (become a member). I want to adjust the color scheme and I want to know for sure it’s fully joomla / virtuemart 1.1 compatible. Any advice?

markwilde Friend

Is it possible to change the color schem (without a lot of hassle). Or is it not supported?

TomC Moderator

<em>@markwilde 55181 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is it possible to change the color schem (without a lot of hassle). Or is it not supported?</blockquote>
    You can change anything you want to in any of these templates. Again, templates are merely base starting points to take and modify / customize from there. Just as they were created, you can change whatever you want within the relative CSS parameters.

It sounds like you are very interested in using the Larix (and/or other) template. Why not join the club and take advantage of both the many quality templates as well as the template support that is afforded licensed members?

😎

newone Friend

<em>@markwilde 54452 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for all the replies. I am not yet a member of the site. The link you posted is not accessible for me. Could you give me a brief outline?

Should I buy the template or not (become a member). I want to adjust the color scheme and I want to know for sure it’s fully joomla / virtuemart 1.1 compatible. Any advice?</blockquote>
    I tried it with Joomla 1.5.3 and VirtueMart 1.1.0, and to get it to show like the demo, you have to change all the module css, and then, you have to change it to show the way it appears on the demo. In other words, to get it to look like the demo, you have to make changes.

For example, you have to change the way the main menu links appear, otherwise it is a bit funky. Secondly, there is no way to automatically show the sub-categories of each product category. For example, Electronics might have computers, television, etc. The only way to see if there is something in each main product category is to click it.

I do not recommend using Ja-News, it sometimes keep appearing on top of your products, which is totally annoying. There is a fix on the forum for it.

I have not changed the color scheme, but I don’t think it would be difficult since it is CSS.

I prefer that the search should be on top right. It gets lost where it is now, and the box should be longer. And I would like to add some items on the header, aside from the cart.

I hope you find this information useful.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  newone 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum