Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JA Lens is a great idea for a template but it cannot work as is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1: Way to much css and there is no efficient way of compressing it without breaking the template so therefore user experience cannot be achieved.

2: Not been able to compress css and js files and or shifting to bottom creates up to 30 blocks in downloading on to browser slowing it down further.

3: The more images you load on it the more blurred the thumbs become and the slower the performance. In testing a max 30 images before the template loose both responsiveness and crisp images. Irrespective what settings you give it in K2 for image quality.

4: It cannot work correctly with amazon because the image also get further compressed and therefor further blurring.

5: Using cache to speed things up only leads to duplication of thumbnails on the template which is impossible to fix.

6: Deferring js in the index files with ” async=”async”></script> produces little or no results.

7: Without cache Google page speed will not even analyze it.

For this template to work correctly it really need to be redesigned for performance.

I just wasted 2 week of my life on it 🙁

Nazario A Friend

@sfam2708,

JA Lens is a special template, unlike most of other templates which have cache / optimize css & js built-in functions of T3 framework. Hence, for cache or optimize css & js, please try to search around on Joomla Extension Directory for a suitable extension.

For site performance, here is a good readings that you can refer to: http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/tools-and-tips-to-check-joomla-site-speed-and-improve-performance

Or you can consider to use our JA S3 Amazon component.

tom_laan84 Friend

We could really do with a new JA Lens like website built on T3 framework and proper functionality like posted above. I use this website for a photoclub and it is not practical at all.

Nazario A Friend

@ tom_laan84,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on JA Lens. Actually, our template just servers as a starting point, you can customise to fit your own need. When you get your site ready, please post here for our reference if possible.

eagledk Friend

<em>@tom_laan84 423924 wrote:</em><blockquote>We could really do with a new JA Lens like website built on T3 framework and proper functionality like posted above. I use this website for a photoclub and it is not practical at all.</blockquote>

I can only totally agree on this.
    Please consider to update this template.
    And it would be really great if there could be support for multiple users.

Regards

Morten

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eagledk 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum