Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I like the layout of the JA Lens & Timeline feature but would like to use it to display k2 items and list them not per year but per k2 category. K2 items would upcoming events that need to listed top to bottom based on event date (next upcoming event first than later ones below).

Do you have a list of timeline features or configuration options listed anywhere?
    Can this feature be used with other templates?

I do not know if different options are available per club level so I am willing to join developer club if that makes a difference.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Vecdom,

You can build your own lens demo and try it out to see if it will work for you or not.

http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_lens/ Check for “Demo Builder” link on the left side center.

There is no difference of package between the memberships.

The timeline you are mentioning is the k2 core modules, you should make the demo for yourself to check it out.

If you want to add this kinda style to other templates, you will have to do it yourself, we do not provide customization support and support is limited to bug fixes and minor requests from members.

Regards

Arvind

tyomni Friend

Thanks, helped as always.

doriancin Friend

I want to do the same, but I dont see how in the demo, I mean I dont know where to start even :s

Can you give me some advice?

KeshaS Friend

I need help with the same question and yet again, no helpful information

KeshaS Friend

I like the layout of the JA Lens & Timeline feature but would like to use it to display k2 items and list them not per year but per k2 category. K2 items would upcoming events that need to listed top to bottom based on event date (next upcoming event first than later ones below). How do you do this? I have already tried the demo and can’t figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Kenshas,

Please go to menu manage, then edit Home menu link : set template parameters is default.

Regards,

gmmillard Friend

<em>@HeR0 329378 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Kenshas,

Please go to menu manage, then edit Home menu link : set template parameters is default.

Regards,</blockquote>

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing. However, besides the fact that the timeline has disappeared all together, it does not look like there is much useful info.
    For the membership fee we pay we get way less support than for many free products. :((

So is there a way to get timeline to sort items by category rather than date???

Cheers

HeR0 Friend

Hi Gmmillard
    <blockquote>So is there a way to get timeline to sort items by category rather than date???</blockquote>
    You only can do that if you do not use ja lens layout ( use k2 default layout )

Regards,

gmmillard Friend

HI HeR0,

All I have done is install the template with joomla, just to make my life easier.

Just to make sure i understand you correctly, i can get items to display in category order, but i have to change the layout???

Where do I do that??? ( sorry, this template is quite different from anything i have ever used, so i am not sure exactly of its settings)

Thanks.

HeR0 Friend

You must set in menu k2 page and category which the menu page is pointed.

HeR0 Friend

In menu you create and category which is pointed by menu.

Regards,
    <em>@tetrapackage 338589 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there.

Where exactly can I easily set this category?</blockquote>

cstew68 Friend

I installed the quickstart, deleted the sample items, replaced it with my own content, and now the timeline feature (drop down) is gone on the home page. It shows no year or date info now at all! Any idea whats going on with this? Sounds like other users are having the same issue.

Thanks for your help in advance!

HeR0 Friend

Hi Cstew68
    <blockquote> It shows no year or date info now at all!</blockquote> Could you post url and screenshots of your issue. You should check setting of menu, categories as our demo ( you can create a new site via Demo Builder system )

Regards,

HeR0 Friend

Hi,
    <blockquote> but i have to change the layout???</blockquote> You can change the layout in category setting and menu parameters

Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum