Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

while testing the behavior of the JA Social template using the Quickstart site example, I noticed one thing that appears to be an inconsistency. the JA login module (the one located on the top right) does allow a new user to create an account and that´s ok for me since I noticed (in the options) that most login modules are configured to use some kind of a recaptcha. But, here begins the problem: whenever a new user tries to create an account using this JA login, it is always refused at first, because this module is not configured to show a captcha. I think the solution should be: the JA Login module should be configured to show and and ask for the Captcha too. Otherwise, the “create account” on this module would be useless since it will always refuse this new user and asked for the captcha words again in a new page (which is precisely what is happening in the quickstart example site). Am I right or I missed something?

Thank you,
    Sérgio.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello scholcher
    did you enabled the recapcha plugin ? and add the api key in it?
    Also is it enabled from global configuration options?

scolcher Friend

Hello pankajsharma,

yes, recaptcha plugin was already enabled and keys were there also (I am just playing with the quickstart site example that comes with the template and everything was already set). I didn´t change anything, and I can see the reCaptcha working with other login module. The strange thing is that JA login module does not even seem to have any option to ask for recaptcha on it. In the way that the example site is configured, the “create account” seems useless … it sounds more reasonable just to disable it or not having it at all… or maybe I am missing something and there is configuration somewhere that enables the recaptcha on this module… I don´t know. Can you help me?

Thank you,
    Sérgio

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello scolcher
    Re captcha is available on the registration page .
    If your configuration are proper you can see it on registration page .
    Click on login>create account .
    see the attachment

Follow this user guide to know more about template

1. Registration-Form
    scolcher Friend

Hi pankajsharma,

the captcha is ONLY on the registration page, yes (and it works there), but that is precisely the problem.
    It makes a JA login with a “create account” useless !!!
    You have to fill everything again on the registration page because all that you fill in the box that appears on the JA login module is lost (because of the lack of a captcha). It does not make sense to have a JA login like that, do you see?

Thank you for your help,
    Sergio

scolcher Friend

Hi,

I finally got it. I was just enabling the captcha-Recaptcha plugin with the keys wondering that it was the only place to configure, but it is not. You have to go to System->Global Configurations -> Site, and then select “captcha-Recaptcha” in the Default Captcha setting. The result is that of the image:

Thank you very much,
    Regards,
    Sergio

1. Capture
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Glad you found it . As i mentioned the same in my first post for captcha plugin and global config. options. carry on with your development. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum