Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I made some minor changes and the login is not working. I click to sign in, enter password, Register, create and account and nothing happens.

Any ideas? A solution?
    This was a quickstart install w/Joomla 1.5.9. Need anything else, let me know.

http://www.avisward.com

Also, where can I find the text that says: Forget your password? Create an account

Thank you!

Regards,
    GeoVi

jsliao Friend

your top-sl is covering the input boxes thus making them unclickable.

you may wish to remove the top-sl from your index.php if it is not in use anymore

GeoVi Friend

<em>@jsliao 124327 wrote:</em><blockquote>your top-sl is covering the input boxes thus making them unclickable.

you may wish to remove the top-sl from your index.php if it is not in use anymore</blockquote>

Thank you and for a quick answer!

I figured that was the reason out of common sense but not technical knowledge (if you understand that).

Well, I think I understand but this question may prove otherwise.

I am using it on the “Meet Avis” page. If I remove it, it will not show on that page, will it?
    Also, what is the name of the file with: Forgot password? Create an account
    I looked in mod-login or ja-login module … I am a bit picky. I want to add a period after the word “account”

Again, thanks for your help, Jsliao 🙂

jsliao Friend

open your templates/ja_nagya/index.php
    around line 108

<?php if($tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?>
    <!-- BEGIN: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->
    <div id="ja-topslwrap">
    <div id="ja-topsl">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="top" style="xhtml" />
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- END: TOP SPOTLIGHT -->
    <?php endif; ?>

add line in red.
    this should remove the top sl only at the frontpage

The create account wording can be found in /language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_login.ini
    around line 31

REGISTER=Create an account

GeoVi Friend

After your first post, I copied the index.php file and deleted the top spotlight info. And yes, the top-sl did not show on any pages.

Your second post with the code changes to make, after making the changes exactly, it’s not working as it should. Or it is but it did not solve my problem by having the login info in the login module position clickable. It is still not clicking.

And I feel silly for not remembering the Language files. I haven’t edited there in ages and forgot to check there. I added the period. Worked as it should.

I have an idea but I’ll try it later. I have had too many late nights and I’m beat.

Thank you So very much. I appreciate your time. You’ve helped me before. I’m also Jhazzi but now have a developer account. It was a gift. I’m still not tech savvy but better than I was. 🙂

jsliao Friend

try this
    template.css (line 741)

#ja-login {
    position:absolute;
    right:5px;
    top:80px;
    z-index:0;
    }

GeoVi Friend

<em>@jsliao 124547 wrote:</em><blockquote>try this
    template.css (line 741)

#ja-login {
    position:absolute;
    right:5px;
    top:80px;
    z-index:0;
    }

</blockquote>

jsliao, these changes take care of the initial problem. The initial code is not being used (index.php changes) but the location of the site login is where the top menu is and not at the ja-login position.

I played around with the top:80px part of the code, increasing and decreasing the values, using negative numbers even but it doesn’t correct it. The input login info is clickable and I have that topsl on the Meet Avis page.

I have put the login info in another position but it’s quite unattractive in the right or left module positions.

My solution was to disable the topsl as you had suggested in the index.php code and I put the image (topsl) in a banner position elsewhere (Archives menu). Not my preference but I was going to accept it. It’s not there now as I wanted you to see what happened with these latest changes to the template.css as instructed.

Again, I’m thanking you.

Regards,
    GeoVi

jsliao Friend

did u make any changes to your index.php prior to this? maybe u can pm me your joomla and ftp details and i will try to fix it.

but u need to tell me exactly what is needed. or u could pm me your msn address if you’re on msn messenger.

GeoVi Friend

<em>@jsliao 124560 wrote:</em><blockquote>did u make any changes to your index.php prior to this? maybe u can pm me your joomla and ftp details and i will try to fix it.

but u need to tell me exactly what is needed. or u could pm me your msn address if you’re on msn messenger.</blockquote>

Please see PM.

GeoVi Friend

<em>@jsliao 124560 wrote:</em><blockquote>did u make any changes to your index.php prior to this? maybe u can pm me your joomla and ftp details and i will try to fix it.

but u need to tell me exactly what is needed. or u could pm me your msn address if you’re on msn messenger.</blockquote>

jsliao, I can take care of it from here. I uploaded the original template.css file and that corrected everything EXCEPT the logo position. I’ll reduce the size of it and upload it tomorrow.

My original problem is solved. The “Meet Avis” page has the image and what I want in the top-sl. The login module in the proper position and is responsive/clickable.

“The” is cut off in the logo “The Avis Ward Show” . . . I can easily take care of that.

Thanks for hanging in there with me! 🙂 I also learned some things, too.
    Have a Happy Day!

jsliao Friend

ok great to hear that your problem is solved. let me know if u need more help

cheers

GeoVi Friend

<em>@jsliao 124565 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok great to hear that your problem is solved. let me know if u need more help

cheers</blockquote>

Will do and thanks for the best wishes for the show tonight.

Everything is sorted on the site and working as I want. You were very instrumental in making that happen. I cannot express how grateful I am. It just always amaze me of the generosity of others in the Joomla community. I’ve found that here and in the Joomla Forum among other forums. I’ve also found snobs but people like you far outweigh their snobbery.

It’s a big world and we tend to see all the bad but it’s a great big world filled with wonderful people, too. If not? We couldn’t live in it . . . no where!

(Sorry for sounding off. I just don’t take kindness of strangers or anyone in stride or for granted.)

Be well. God speed. 🙂

TomC Moderator

Hey GeoVi . . . . as an off-subject comment, I really like the way your site look/feels . . . you’ve done some really nice customization work.

Is it still a WIP?

GeoVi Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 124695 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey GeoVi . . . . as an off-subject comment, I really like the way your site look/feels . . . you’ve done some really nice customization work.

Is it still a WIP?</blockquote>

Tom,

If you only knew how delighted I am to receive your “off-subject comment.” :laugh: Thank you so very much! I do not have confidence in my abilities at all but go with a “feeling” and I’m happy you felt it! It’s still a WIP but not too much more will be done to it. I really like the original template, especially the default color but it was great to look at but I didn’t find it suitable/functional for my needs. I only switched to bluejean yesterday and made some changes.

You’ve topped off my day! Thanks again. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GeoVi 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum