Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Right now the mass head is showing a black background. I want it to show a different image based on menu item. I’ve done this many of times with older JA templates, but can’t get it work with the Decor template.

Do i need K2 installed?

Here is the config im using

[Masshead Itemid=”583″ title=”Title” background=”images/non-home-header/golf.jpg”]Description[/Masshead]

It does not show the image. Any ideas?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@southpaw3229 424916 wrote:</em><blockquote>Right now the mass head is showing a black background. I want it to show a different image based on menu item. I’ve done this many of times with older JA templates, but can’t get it work with the Decor template.

Do i need K2 installed?

[Masshead Itemid=”583″ title=”Title” background=”images/non-home-header/golf.jpg”]Description[/Masshead]

It does not show the image. Any ideas?</blockquote>
    Hi @southpaw3229 i just checked your site and i saw The massheadd module is showing the image you mentioned in the post
    see this

At the moment the template does not support the k2 .

1. Responsive-Joomla-template-for-decor-and-interior-design-JA-Decor
    southpaw3229 Friend
    TomC Moderator

<em>@southpaw3229 425373 wrote:</em><blockquote>My homepage works but not the sub pages. see here http://69.175.26.210/~lake14/index.php/northern-michigan-stay-and-play-packages-port-huron/northern-michigan-stay-and-play-packages-port-huron-mi</blockquote>

Try pasting the following CSS rule within your custom.css file . . .

.t3-masthead {
    background: {url("/~lake14/templates/ja_decor/images/yourimage.png");}

}

southpaw3229 Friend

What is i want a different mass head background image for different set of pages on my site?

Thanks

southpaw3229 Friend

I did try pasting in the custom css snippet but it didn’t work.

southpaw3229 Friend

By the way my home page is not using JA Masshead. It’s using JA Slide Show. I’ve used JA Mass head with many other sites and this is the first time i’ve ran into this issue.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@southpaw3229 424916 wrote:</em><blockquote>Right now the mass head is showing a black background. I want it to show a different image based on menu item. I’ve done this many of times with older JA templates, but can’t get it work with the Decor template.

Do i need K2 installed?

It does not show the image. Any ideas?</blockquote>

The view layout of JA Masshead module in JA Decor template could not load background image. You can try the tweak below.

Open the templates/ja_decor/html/mod_jamasshead/default.php file,

Find this line (you will see them 3 times)

<div class="jamasshead<?php echo $params->get('moduleclass_sfx','')?>">

And change them to:

<div class="jamasshead<?php echo $params->get('moduleclass_sfx','')?>" <?php if(isset($masshead['params']['background'])): ?> style="background-image: url(<?php echo $masshead['params']['background'] ?>)" <?php endif; ?>>

Let me know if it helps.

southpaw3229 Friend

I applied the fix and i noticed a slight change. It still didn’t do the job, but i think we are closer. I pulled in the image, but it’s only showing the blue sky of my image and it cut off 90% of my image. See screen shot attached.

I also noticed the title font type and size change after adding the fix.

Here is the url – http://69.175.26.210/~lake14/index.php/northern-michigan-stay-and-play-packages-port-huron/northern-michigan-stay-and-play-packages-port-huron-mi

1. Screen-Shot-2014-05-07-at-1.02.24-PM
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I see missing structure html in JA Masshead module of JA Decor template. Hope my solution will help you out.

+ Download and extract my attached file

+ Copy it to templates/ja_decor/html/mod_jamasshead/default.php file

+ Open the templates/ja_decor/css/custom.css file and add new rule

.t3-masthead div.jamasshead {
    height: 149px;
    background-size: cover;
    width: 100%;
    }

Then resize the image: images/non-home-header/golf.jpg file with 149px height.

1. default.zip
    southpaw3229 Friend

You da man…. It worked. I did have to remove the padding which was set at 60px to zero in the less style file. I am using compile less and didn’t see a custom.css file in the less folder.

Thanks for all your help and hopefuly the next release fixes the masshead issue.

k2joom Friend

I just wanted to say thanks for this information.

The JA Neuvo template uses masshead module and I have been unable to get background image to display, even following the masshead guides. Then I found this, dropped the file into over ride folder, refresh page and my image loads.

THANKS THANKS THANKS.

PS, should this be added to masshead all the time?

Ninja Lead Moderator

@k2joom: I just raised your request to development team. They will apply the background image in JA Masshead module in next JA templates.

yourch Friend

Hello Ninja Lead, same issue under Sugite. I tried to add your code under Sugite/html/mod_jamasshead/default.php but nothing happens. Shall I add also the code in the CSS ?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@yourch 448291 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello Ninja Lead, same issue under Sugite. I tried to add your code under Sugite/html/mod_jamasshead/default.php but nothing happens. Shall I add also the code in the CSS ?</blockquote>

You can try to do with my solution here with JA Sugite template in templates/ja_sugite/html/mod_jamasshead/default.php file

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum