Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I got an email from Joomlart stating that JA Megafilter was now compatible with Joomla Custom Fields. With this in mind I bought JA Megafilter.
    I am using Joomla Joomla! 3.7.0-beta3 and JA Megafilter 1.0.6 and I can’t find any way to use Joomla custom fields with JA Megafilter. Am I missing a plugin?

Mr.Cat Moderator

Hi @bettondesign,

We haven’t released filter plugin for joomla 3.7 articles yet.

Please stay tuned!

Regards!

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.

bettondesign Friend

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mr.Cat 2 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Where is the reply?

mazhar shah Friend

Hi bettondesign. I haven’t used Joomla! 3.7.0-beta3 yet, still waiting for the final release. Out of curiosity, can the custom fields be displayed anywhere on the joomla page? In other words, can we modify the page layouts to show custom fields anywhere. Just wondering, Does it use the same principle as adding modules anywhere using loadposition? Your input would be appreciated, many thanks. I am waiting for the full release of this Megafilter too.

Mr.Cat Moderator

Hi bettondesign. I havenโ€™t used Joomla! 3.7.0-beta3 yet, still waiting for the final release. Out of curiosity, can the custom fields be displayed anywhere on the joomla page? In other words, can we modify the page layouts to show custom fields anywhere. Just wondering, Does it use the same principle as adding modules anywhere using loadposition? Your input would be appreciated, many thanks. I am waiting for the full release of this Megafilter too.

We’ve released megafilter module. Please check it out.

@bettondesign,

Here is my previous comment. (see attachment)

1. 2017-04-01_083036

mazhar shah Friend

Hi Mr Cat.

That didn’t answer anything. I just asked a simple question. I cant test anything at the moment as I am working on a test site and will install only when the joomla 3.7 is released in a few days. At the moment I am planning the layout of the extra fields… I have so many permutations.

But, the answer to my original question should have been very simple… yes I can display custom fields on a joomla page using some simple code or not, and if so, how. Your demo just lists all the custom fields at the top of each page which looks awful. (The JAfilter is BRILLIANT by the way), just need to arrange the layout of those custom fields properly. Dont need a detailed explanation, just a hint will do ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mr.Cat Moderator

Hi @mazhar,

I think i found the way to change position of a custom field.
    At back end, you come to /Content/Fields , open any field.
    Go to Options tab, and change the "Automatic Display" options.

Regards!

1. 2017-04-03_094112

mazhar shah Friend

Thank you for your reply. Yes I think that is it, though it sounds like its part of the ‘automatic display’. … …BUT.. knowing joomla! I am sure there must be a way to position these fields to get the layout right customised. There is an item on the image you sent… it says ‘placeholder’. Could it be that each custom field can have its own ‘placeholder’ reference which can be used on the templates/pages? (similar to ‘loadposition’).

Mr.Cat Moderator

@mazhar shah,

Until now, we haven’t found the solution to "load custom postion" for custom field. If you know, feel free to let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks.

mazhar shah Friend

Hi, found it

{fieldgroup 17823} to add custom-filed-groups and {field 17823} to show a custom filed, where the 17823 numbers are the custom filed or custom group id’s

Its based on the loadmodule plugin.

hope this helps everyone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mazhar shah 7 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum