Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • Author

hi again i have 2 more quesiton. when i do ‘ linked titles: yes’ from global configuration. All titles are black. for ex .how they can be green when i use green template?
    And im using transmenu but its in the left. When i use a few menu items, right side is empty. Is it possible to make this menu in the center?

cuongvq Friend

hi Isca,

For the link color, please add this style to your template css file green.css (css/colors folder)

#ja-content a {
    color: #14AE00;
    }

other color is same.

For the Transmenu, could you explain a bit more detail and provide you live site url, please.
    good luck

jayred Friend

I love your Mercury template, but I want to customize a few things.

First and foremost, is changing the table that lists all items in a category. How can I change the date format to the American date format of “Tuesday, November 7, 2006” instead of its current “Tuesday, 7 November 2006”?

Second, how can I remove the “Hits” column?

Third, how can I change the column labeled “Item Title” to “Article Title”?

Fourth, how can I change the order of the columns to be “Article Title”, then “Author”, then “Date”?

msravi Friend

Hi All,

If I want to set the JAMercury screen to 800*600 resolution I will set the ja_width_default variable to “narrow”, is there any way to set JAMercury template to floating so that the template fits into the user resolution.

When I try to submit content using JAMercury in 800*600 resolution the text editor will come in the bottom of screen. If you have any idea regarding on how to decrease the editor size please let me know.

abbymorgan Friend

Hi,
    I’m really enjoying working with the Mercury template. But I have a question:
    Can you tell me what I need to do to get the banners to display? I’ve already added banners in the Admin area. I just don’t know what to do to the template to get them to show up.

Can you tell me how to add them in the top center? Between the logo and the search?
    And maybe in the footer or Debug area?

Thank you in advance,
    Abby Morgan

cuongvq Friend

@abbymorgan: thankyou for your love. If you want change banner images. You can open images folder in ../template/ ja_mercury/ images.
    In images folder have include 3 folders color. You can find banner images now, design your banner and upload replate.
    Have fun!

reeg99 Friend

I’ve installed ja_mercury with the transmenu option. There is a problem where one of my sub-menu’s text label is being corrupted/overlayed when it is not the screen focus i.e. the root menu is expanded but the particular sub menu item is not being hovered over.

I’ve attached two screenshots
    js_m1.gif which shows how the menu looks when the Expertise top level item is selected>:(
    js_m2.gif which shows how the menu looks when the second sub-menu item is selected. 😀

You can see for yourself here http://www.diamondhell.com/Joomla1011/

I’ve tried deleting the item, adding more items. Makes no difference, always the second sub menu item is getting corrupted.

Any ideas?

1. js_m1
    2. js_m2
    reeg99 Friend

<em>@reeg99 5099 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve installed ja_mercury with the transmenu option. There is a problem where one of my sub-menu’s text label is being corrupted/overlayed when it is not the screen focus i.e. the root menu is expanded but the particular sub menu item is not being hovered over.

I’ve attached two screenshots
    js_m1.gif which shows how the menu looks when the Expertise top level item is selected>:(
    js_m2.gif which shows how the menu looks when the second sub-menu item is selected. 😀

You can see for yourself here http://www.diamondhell.com/Joomla1011/

I’ve tried deleting the item, adding more items. Makes no difference, always the second sub menu item is getting corrupted.

Any ideas?</blockquote>

I’ve figured out what the prob was – but have a Question.

The problem was that when the sub menu item is not selected the description is wrapping to the line below. If i shorten the description, problem goes away.

Is there a coded limit on the nos of characters that the menu descriptions should be?
    If yes is it configurable?

abbymorgan Friend

<em>@cuongvq 5074 wrote:</em><blockquote>@abbymorgan: thankyou for your love. If you want change banner images. You can open images folder in ../template/ ja_mercury/ images.
    In images folder have include 3 folders color. You can find banner images now, design your banner and upload replate.
    Have fun!</blockquote>

Thank you for your response. =)
    That wasn’t what I needed, but I figured it out. I needed to add the statement for mosLoadModules(‘banner’,-2) to the template. I added it at the top, where I wanted it, and at the bottom where I wanted it. And now they show up great!

Thanks again,
    Abby

ruffie Friend

Great template!
    I installed, didn’t modify anything (yet), so its still the basic.
    I got a menu item that has a child menu item
    MenuItem
    L ChildMenuItem

That L that u see above is missing and i get the redcross image not found. Its looking for:
    templates/ja_mercury/images/indent1.png

Can someone provide that?

wjhdiz Friend

It is great and beautiful. Can someone help to remove “main menu” section, so that this section appears on top meanu only?

Thank you in advance.

guitar_htu Friend

When i install completed template Ja_mercury , i see errors on below:

Restricted access

Please help me fix this error. Many Thanks!

mikeprince Friend

I’m very impressed with JA Mercury, and am currently trying to customise it. One thing I want to do is move the user4 position to be at the top of the page (I’m not using it for a search and the extra content I have overlaps with the horizontal main menu).

Also, how is it possible to remove the left main menu and just keep the horizontal version. I realise it can be done by unpublishing the main menu module, but would I rather do this via a template change.

Cheers
    — Mike —

twinbros Friend

Thank your very much about your pro template.
    I have one question, I want the banner images display random, this image will be changed randomly when visitor change page.

How can I do it?

ErikThorsen Friend

Hello good people!

I am using the JA_mercury template ( yes, the free one ) However, when logged in during the front end and trying to edit articles, the whole “save”, “edit” or “cancel” buttons are hidden behind the right hand column. Is there a way to either hide the right hand column when logged in or making the main content area wider so it is possible to actually save something when you are editing it??

Anyone with any info about this is greatly appreciated to step forward and teach me the wonders of template customization.

Thanks,

Erik

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)

This topic contains 105 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  hezeel 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum