Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

First of all, Kudos to the developers of the Mercury theme, its great.

Now to the question – I am having issues with overextending text, the text seems to overlap with other items I have on the right hand side.

We fixed this for IE by adding word-wrap in CSS, but that doesn’t affect on Firefox.

Here is the link: http://www.vigyaan.com/content/view/76/1/

I am wondering if there is a better option than decreasing the width of the layer.

Thanks,

Vatsal Mehta

roed Friend

<em>@ruffie 5220 wrote:</em><blockquote>Great template!
    I installed, didn’t modify anything (yet), so its still the basic.
    I got a menu item that has a child menu item
    MenuItem
    L ChildMenuItem

That L that u see above is missing and i get the redcross image not found. Its looking for:
    templates/ja_mercury/images/indent1.png

Can someone provide that?</blockquote>

I know I am a bit late but that image is provided with the Joomla install. You can find it in the folder images/M_images. There you should see 5 indent png-files!
    /Roed

jatchison Friend

I want to install the random image module, or perhaps a flash animation where your image01.jpg is (right in the middle). I am having a little trouble figuring out what to do. Any ideas?

–Edit–

I figured it out. I installed a flash rotator module into Joomla and I modified the index.php file and added the following line into the header section:

<?php mosLoadModules (‘user5’, -2); ?>

This worked like a charm.

doigro Friend

<em>@jatchison 6066 wrote:</em><blockquote>I want to install the random image module, or perhaps a flash animation where your image01.jpg is (right in the middle). I am having a little trouble figuring out what to do. Any ideas?

–Edit–

I figured it out. I installed a flash rotator module into Joomla and I modified the index.php file and added the following line into the header section:

<?php mosLoadModules (‘user5’, -2); ?>

This worked like a charm.</blockquote>

What line did you replaced? I can not understand what to erase…:((

ErikThorsen Friend

Hello Ruffie,

You can find these ( or create your own ) in the images/M_images folder in your Joomla installation. There you can find all indent1.png, indent.png, indent2.png and so on. Of course, you can also create your own. When you have found these ( or created them ) just copy them to your ja_mercury/images folder. Then it will work as it should.

First I thought this was a IE problem but it is a real “cannot locate” image problem. 🙂

Good luck!

<em>@ruffie 5220 wrote:</em><blockquote>Great template!
    I installed, didn’t modify anything (yet), so its still the basic.
    I got a menu item that has a child menu item
    MenuItem
    L ChildMenuItem

That L that u see above is missing and i get the redcross image not found. Its looking for:
    templates/ja_mercury/images/indent1.png

Can someone provide that?</blockquote>

rastermaker Friend

hi everybody,
    I’ ve found this fantastic free theme, JA Mercury, and I’m trying to use it as well as possible.
    I’m a joomla newbie but I’m quite expert with html and css.

what I’ve loved in this theme most of all is the style selector embedded by default.

My question is:
    is there a way, with some joomla module or by editing the theme,
    to switch the stylesheet not with the style selctor embedded in the theme, but
    linking the switch in the main menu.

In other words: I’ve got 3 different site sections but all 3 are visible by the main menu:
    I’would like to switch theme by clicking differents main menu voices.
    example:
    in the main menu there are 3 links and every links not only loads his content but change the stylesheet too.

thank you all in advance for support and sorry for my poor english

cif

rastermaker Friend

the problem for me is to add the javascritp “onclick=”setActiveStyleSheet(‘namefthestyle’);””
    to the main menu voices, that are created dinamically….

any suggestions? :confused:

nixonie Friend

Mercury is very nice template, thanx for it. How can I get another (third) level with split menu? Pls answer.

nixonie Friend

ja_splitmenu.php, line 244
    changed the number 2 with the number 3 so it looks like this:
    if (@$subs[$id] && $depth<3) {

i think it’s working now?

jefferis Friend

Hi Folks,
    I’m having a lot of trouble with JAMercury. I’ve modified the graphics on the template for my site, but what I’m finding is that in the narrow view, the main column content is overflowing the Newsflash right column div. When I assign the JAMerc original template to the same pages, the same result occurs, so I don’t think it has anything to do with my alterations. What I think MAY be involved is some content module or mambot plugin. But I tried turning off all recent installs with no effect.

http://www.tackypolice.com

The problem would be apparent in the blog page for the original template except for the fact that the body color is white as well. However, I saw the same text overrun in the home page.

I tried adding a clear to the template for several sections, but it was no help, nor was adding a high z-index to the ja-right column content.

Thanks for the help.
    jeff

1. Picture-3
    cuongvq Friend

Dear jefferis,

i’m very happy when i know you’re used ja_mercury for your fantastic site.
    Your problem is image too large 😉
    I have solution for you is resize all pictures.

Goodluck

cuongvq Friend

<em>@nixonie 6633 wrote:</em><blockquote>Mercury is very nice template, thanx for it. How can I get another (third) level with split menu? Pls answer.</blockquote>

Dear nixonie,

I thankyou for you love. i think ia_mercury not yet ready for 3rd level in splitmenu. if have 3rd level in splitmenu, i think it’s not fair 😀
    Solution for your 3rd level is used Transmenu or Son of Suckerfish menu.

Have fun

cuongvq Friend

<em>@roed 5777 wrote:</em><blockquote>I know I am a bit late but that image is provided with the Joomla install. You can find it in the folder images/M_images. There you should see 5 indent png-files!
    /Roed</blockquote>
    Thankyou so much for your suppot :-*

cuongvq Friend

<em>@wjhdiz 5274 wrote:</em><blockquote>It is great and beautiful. Can someone help to remove “main menu” section, so that this section appears on top meanu only?

Thank you in advance.</blockquote>
    Pls, unpublish mainmenu module. 😀
    goodluck

jefferis Friend

<em>@cuongvq 6720 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear jefferis,

i’m very happy when i know you’re used ja_mercury for your fantastic site.
    Your problem is image too large 😉
    I have solution for you is resize all pictures.

Goodluck</blockquote>

I don’t think that is the problem. The same problem exists on pages without pictures:
    http://www.tackypolice.com/content/blogsection/0/9/
    The right column is not resizing to fit within the center / main contentpaneopen. And the center content is not recognizing the right column border .

The top images are the exact size of the original JA Mercury files.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 105 total)

This topic contains 105 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  hezeel 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum