Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)
  • Author

Unfortunately, we already have quite a few events in the JCAL database. I’ve already tried ExtCal, and it’s very limited on the front-end.

ShannonN Friend

ttocci;12927Unfortunately, we already have quite a few events in the JCAL database. I’ve already tried ExtCal, and it’s very limited on the front-end.

Try removing the multiple instances of

<link rel=’StyleSheet’ href=’http://www.jzz31.net/mac/components/com_gmaps/css/gmaps.css’ type=’text/css’ />

there should be one not about the 35 you have in the index.php file 🙂

and you’ll find it will work I think

Cheers ShannonN

mbajkowski Friend

I have a problem, in that if I have no modules in the left column, it is not collapsing correctly in the wide view. Seems fine in the narrow view.

Thanks,

Maciej

edit: It seems I was able to fix this in the CSS, seems the float left and right were switched:

before

.wide #ja-content-full-right {
    width: 762px;
    margin-left: 20px;
    float: left;
    }

.wide #ja-content-full-left {
    margin-right: 20px;
    float: right;
    }

after:
    .wide #ja-content-full-right {
    margin-left: 20px;
    float: right;
    }

.wide #ja-content-full-left {
    margin-right: 20px;
    float: left;
    }

elbarfo Friend

After a lot of frustration, I finally figured out how to keep the top menu form moving left when switching from narrow to wide. Finally!!

in ja_mercury’s template_css.css find the section “.wide #ja-topnav-inner”

change the width to 903px instead of 990.

Upload and be amazed!

Depending on how much you’ve hacked it, you may have to play with the width. Is seems to be a little different for every browser, as well. It doesn’t move much though. 😉

Just wanted to post a reply to this thread, since I had seen it mentioned before…

-edit- As it turns out that isn’t as perfect a fix as I had initially believed, but it does at lest keep it fom moving nearly as much. Hope it helps…

malcolm20 Friend

Hi all,

I’m trying to use VirtueMart with Ja-Mercury but when I implement the VM menu in the left column, I don’t get the nice square bullets for the menu. These bullets appear for the Main Menu module.

How may I resolve this?

The site is http://www.stitchsource.com

Thanks!

bobbyswebzone Friend

Hi all,

This is great template and works fine. I am newbie to Joomla and facing some problems. Can anybody help.

1. In the header area, at the search, can i add a banner.

2. Eventhough if i publish the banners. I am not able to see the banners.

Can any body help.

Thanks in advance
    Bobby

unixboymd Friend

I’ve recently discovered this great template and I’m using it for a dog meeting site I’m building.

I don’t really have a need for the width switcher. Is there a way I can set the template to a fixed with for a screen resolution of 1024×768?

I’ve tried setting the template to “wide” and then changing the width in the CSS but left me with some other issues. I’m wondering if there isn’t an easier, more valid solution.

One of the reasons I want to use a fixed with is because I’m using an image for the background of the .wide #ja-top-modules. Plus I want to use the max. amount of space since I’ll be using Community Builder and it’s modules.

bgagan911 Friend

Hey guys.. 😀 I really love your templates, love the new one – Teline . I had seen approx. 200 Templates before finalizing your’s JA-Mercury Thanks for making such a good template. I’m currently using it on my website.

Well got few question for you, if you could help me out with them , I’ll appreciate that.

—————————————-
    * I want a user 1 Module to appear above the main content/body. I have added this piece of code, but it shifts the Right-Col. Down, I tried working with the CSS but wasn’t successful. Basically I wanted 2 (200px | 200px ) modules there (something like we have in solarfire_II Template) .. but then I though I would put the user1 module above the main body, and the other module below the main body. Is there any way I can add that module ?

<!-- BEGIN: TEST-->
    <?php if ( mosCountModules('user1') ) { ?>
    <div id ="DT_OWN_USR1" >
    <!-- BEGIN: MAIN TEST-->
    <?php mosLoadModules('user1', -2); ?>
    <!-- END: MAIN TEST-->
    <!-- END: TEST-->
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<!-- BEGIN: CONTENT -->
    <div id="ja-<?php echo $divid ?>">
    <!-- BEGIN: MAIN CONTENT -->
    <?php mosMainBody(); ?>

* Secondly, I wanted to increase the length of main body, I mean my site have google ads on the sides.. and it’s too lengthy, the content only takes up about 400 px, that’s all can’t I like set the length of .

* 3rd, is there a way I can TURN -OFF the main menu that appears on the left-col ? I liked the menu above, and I think that’s enough 😉

* last but not the least, just joking .. it’s the last Q. how can I add anchor after a specified length or end of content ?

If you could help me out 😉 Thanks & thanks for the template again.

bgagan911 Friend

Hey so much appreciation and still no reply ? 😀 just joking..!! Please help .. .:D

buntaeh Friend

Hi,

How do I only just add menus in the mainmenu without having to duplicate in the top menu?

Thanks

mbajkowski Friend

the following line causes a problem when a separator/placeholder is used in the menu:

[PHP] $txt = ‘<a href=”#” ‘.$active.’ ‘. $id .’><span>’. $txt .'</span></a>’; [/PHP]

This cause a 404 error, since single quotes are used in delimiting the string the escape characters are not necessary

[PHP] $txt = ‘<a href=”#” ‘.$active.’ ‘. $id .’><span>’. $txt .'</span></a>’;[/PHP]

Also, if you don’t want the separatorplaceholder to be clickable I think you can change the line to the following:

[PHP] $txt = ‘<a ‘.$active.’ ‘. $id .’><span>’. $txt .'</span></a>’;[/PHP]

At least, this seems to work for me.

quintanj Friend

I hope my post is not ambiguous, but how can I insert a flash in the header position? I just need to replace de image header (image01.jpg) for a swf file.

Congratulations, ja mercury is fantastic.

Greetings

cwigg Friend

HI all – I think I finallly found my desired template – ja-mercury.
    On first experimentation, I only seem to be able to apply the suckerfish menu to the top menu. The left menus are using the default split menus (I think). I’d like TOP menu to expand vertically, and left menu to do so horizontally.
    I do have
    $ja_menutype = 2; // 1: Split Menu; 2: Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu; 3: Transmenu;
    in index.php.
    cheers, and thanks JA for a great free template.
    Colin

ShannonN Friend

cwigg;15402HI all – I think I finallly found my desired template – ja-mercury.
    On first experimentation, I only seem to be able to apply the suckerfish menu to the top menu. The left menus are using the default split menus (I think). I’d like TOP menu to expand vertically, and left menu to do so horizontally.
    I do have
    $ja_menutype = 2; // 1: Split Menu; 2: Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu; 3: Transmenu;
    in index.php.
    cheers, and thanks JA for a great free template.
    Colin

Hi Colin
    I hope the free template will encourage you in web design and lead to you joining as a member and getting access to all the great modern cutting edge stuff here.

post a live site url for me to see and I’ll be glad to look and see why the suckerfish menu doesn’t appear to work

If you are new to the joomla type of cms etc there are some great tutorials on module positions, plugins etc in the general section of the forums

Go here and have a look through them, they really cover a lot of beginner and
    medium user stuff

Cheers ShannonN

cwigg Friend

Thanks for the reply Shannon. Having spent some more time looking at this, I dont think what I expected can be done. Ok, the transmenu is working in the top position, but I dont think the product is designed to show it in the left position – or anywhere other than the top. Is that correct? In fact it seems to hijack the user3 position which in the out-of-the-box joomla installation is used by the “topmenu”.
    You can look at http://cocodeebokohchang.com/test – it’s a joomla install and very little else – just a section called tours and some categories within – all hooked onto the mainmenu which in the ja-mercury case is used as the “topmenu”. You can see that the drop down animation works from the top, though there’s nothing like it on the left.
    cheers, Colin

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)

This topic contains 105 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  hezeel 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum