Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello Forum,

I have an issue with the Virtuemart layout in Mixmag.

1. The VM standard layout options seems to be ontop, onbot and normal.

2. Mix Mag renders the layout this way:
    A. Custom fields with Cart Attributes seems to be automatically rendered to the right side of the product image.

3. LayOut issues

I need to layout custom field both with and without cart attributes on the right side of the product image
    to achieve my workflow.

4. Can someone direct me to the css file where I can change the layout / placement of thanks custom fields.
    A. I’m trying to create a group of custom fields with a common parent… that will be rendered on the right side of
    the product image… above the “Add to cart” link.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Scott

Stork11 Friend

Hello Scott,

Can you PM me with your site information (your site URL, your site admin account) and your FTP account? So I can diagnose this problem.

BTW, please include this forum thread URL in your PM, so I can follow it.

Regards.

Stork11 Friend

Hello Scott,

To apply layout position to custom fields, please leave “Layout position” field blank in “Custom Field” setting.

To move “normal” position above product description, please open “/templates/ja_mixmaz/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php” file, then move position code as below screenshot:

To add your own position by code, please check this helpful link https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97419.msg337681#msg337681

Hope this helps

Regards.

1. virtuemart_customfields_order
    2. virtuemart_customfields_code
    shousro Friend

Hello Stork,

Thank you for your quick reply. I’ll try re-positioning the code block that you highlighted. A couple of quick things.

1. As we’ve discussed before… the standard vm layout options are ontop, onbot and normal. However the custom fields on the right side of the vm product image in mixmag template seems to be in another position.

A. What is/ where is the templates code for the custom fields on the position to the right side of the product image? For example, theposition where the “add to cart” button is located? What position is this?

B. What “position” would I add to this code to render new custom fields on the right side of the product image? In the code block
    below… what do I replace “my-position” with to place custom fields on the right side of the mixmag vm product image?

<?php if (!empty($this->product->customfieldsSorted[‘my-position’])) {
    $this->position=’my-position’;
    echo $this->loadTemplate(‘customfields’);
    }
    ?>

2. Your quote above… “To apply layout position to custom fields, please leave “Layout position” field blank in “Custom Field” setting.”

A. This does not work in mixmag template… and using “normal” vm position does not work on Mixmag.

-When you leave the layout position blank…. no custom field will show on Mixmag.
    -The custom plugin WILL display in the back end… but it will not show on the front end.
    -Dragging and dropping the custom field in the back end will not help…the chosen custom field still will not show when “normal”
    position or with the position left “blank”.

Thanks,

Scott

If you could help place the custom field soundcloud plugin as we first discussed above …that would be awesome… I have a fresh
    complete back up… and will make no issues if something goes wrong.

Stork11 Friend

Hello Scott,

Please check the screenshot. Is it what you want to achieve? Please check and confirm the same.

I moved “normal” custom field block code to above “description” block code in “/templates/ja_mixmaz/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php” file. And changed “fb comment” custom field position from “normal” to “onbot”.

Regards

1. FireShot-Pro-Screen-Capture
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum