Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I cannot get a picture to display in JA News module. In the parameters section of the JA News module I selected “sections” where it says “group by category or sections”. There was no image produced on the front page of the site when I saved it. So I figured that I needed to go into each section in the section manager and attach a photo and description. So I did that but the sections still do not have a photo within the module. There is no description displayed either.

One other problem that I’m having is that I do not want the module to display any articles. I just want the name of each section with a photo and description. So in the module’s parameters where it says “intro item” I put it on 0. When I did that it displayed links to all of the articles in each section on the front page of the site. When I set it to 1, then it only displayed one article for each section. I put it on 3 and it displayed 3 articles per section. But when I put it on 0, instead of displaying no articles, it displayed all of them.

So again, the way I want that module is to have the section title, a photo for each section, and a description. Each section on the front page should link to that section’ page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear jlewis3233!

Please do some thing as following:

1) pls open the file: modules/mod_janews/helper.php and try to find codes:
    [PHP]$imageURL = $jaimage->resize( $image, $width, $height, $crop, $aspect );[/PHP]

and replace by:
    [PHP]
    $image = str_replace ( JURI::base (), ”, $image );
    $imageURL = $jaimage->resize( $image, $width, $height, $crop, $aspect );

[/PHP]

Solution 2, i ”ll post in the next

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum