Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I am using the JA News 1.1.2 with Teline 1 uner Joomla 1.0.15 stable version…

I cannot get the frontpage ordering to work properly…

I have tried from the Articles Manager, the Frontpage Manager… But nothing seems to work.

One thing i can see is that when i do Content –> All Content Items… All the articles are listed as per the categories showing on the frontpage… I cannot move them up or down as well..

Any help will be really appreciated…

Thanks
    Kamal

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Hi Kamal,

Check the “Publish Dates” of the articles…the newest will be first.
    To move them up and down, you’ll have to change their dates.

In the JAZin Plugin, under Advanced Parameters > Primary Order you can change the ordering from the default (dates) to a few other settings including alphabetical, etc.

Have fun!
    John.

kamal2099 Friend

Hi buddy,

Thanks for the idea…But it is still not working…

For example: I changed the date of all the items in the first category to the year in 2007 and the second category to the year 2006…

But the second category still appears first….

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Kamal,

I’m understanding better your issue…so it’s the categories you are interested in moving and not the articles as you mentioned in your original message.

It would be helpful to have a URL to the site in question so we can better diagnose your issue, but I think what you are looking for is in clearly explained in the template manual.

Goto EXTENSIONS > MODULE > JA NEWS

Under Parameters, you can adjust the order of the categories or sections appearing on your page.
    Just enter – category/section number : color of the tab

And then just re-order them in the order you want them to appear.

In the example attached, the first four will show in the first column and the last three will show in the second column (because I’ve set my news page to show two columns with four items).

Hope this helps.
    John.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum