Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

On your module position setting picture here

http://www.joomlart.com/images/stories/ja_rutile/ja_rutile

JA News and & Ja News Fontpage are two separate module positions. But in the xml file of the template there are only these positions listed:

<positions>
    <position>hornav</position>
    <position>breadcrumbs</position>
    <position>banner</position>
    <position>left</position>
    <position>right</position>
    <position>top</position>
    <position>ja-tabs</position>
    <position>ja-news</position>
    <position>topsl</position>
    <position>user1</position>
    <position>user2</position>
    <position>user3</position>
    <position>user4</position>
    <position>user5</position>
    <position>user6</position>
    <position>user7</position>
    <position>user8</position>
    <position>user9</position>
    <position>footer</position>
    <position>syndicate</position>
    <position>debug</position>
    </positions>

It would be important for me to have both module positions Ja News & JA News Fontpage, because i want to modify one of the positions in the index.php of rutile so that the module position is only visible for guests. I need one middle module position for registered users so i can not modify the Ja News module position only visible for guests because i would have no one middle module position when a user is logged in.

I have tried all module positions in mentioned in the xml file. The only one which works is the “footer” module position. This position should be recorded in the module positions image of JA Rutile.

Can you modify the template so there are 2 middle module positions as it is shown in the module positions image?

Sherlock Friend

Hi dragonlord !
    In Rutile , JA NEWS and JA NEWS FP still has position is “ja-news”. if you want add new position for ja News Fp , you can do it following some steps below :
    1. Open templateDetails.xml file in templates/ja_rutile folder , add following line below to that file between <position> start and close tags :
    <position>ja-newsfp</position>
    2. Open index.php file in templates/ja_rutile foder, find following code section at about line 161 :

<!-- BEGIN: JAZIN -->
    <div id="jazin-fp">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="ja-news" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <!-- END: JAZIN -->

change to :

<!-- BEGIN: JAZIN -->
    <div id="jazin-fp">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="ja-newsfp" style="raw" />
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="ja-news" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <!-- END: JAZIN -->

3. Go to admin >> extensions >> module manager >> JA NewsFP –> assign it to “ja-newsfp” position.

dragonlord Friend

@ hainn84

Thanks, it works 😉 Now i can make the ja-newsfp module position only be visible for guests..

Sherlock Friend

ok dragonlord !
    i will mark this thread to “solved”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum