Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I want to make char. limit for ja news pro article titles. How can I make it?

pritam Friend

Hello anoel ,

To JA news pro title max char

Can you please provide your site url but first go into the template manager and set css optimiation to “No” so we can see the correct files to modify and not the compressed version.

anoel Friend
    pritam Friend

Hello anoel ,

To JA news pro title max char

find this code at – /templates/ja_teline_iv/html/mod_janewspro/default/style.css line no.56

.default .ja-zinsec h2 a {
    color: #000000;

}

Change this code to :-
    color: #000000;
    font-size: 30px;/*set pixel as per requirement*/
    }

anoel Friend

The code like down. but its line no.111

color: #000;

background: #fff;

padding: 0 12px 0 4px;

display: inline-block;

}

I found this code on line no.56
    .default .ja-zin .ja-box .ja-box-inner {

margin: 0;

padding: 12px 12px 8px;

border-top: 1px dotted #ccc;

}

pritam Friend

Hello anoel ,

I have checked your site again . I use Mozila Firebug for inspect element , where I have seen the location of css file same above .At my end it is showing at /templates/ja_teline_iv/html/mod_janewspro/default/style.css line no.56

anoel Friend

I upload css file for you. But I wonder this about font size or char. limit of article title?

1. style.rar
    anoel Friend

I think, I need to edit here for char. limit. but how 🙁
    <h4 class=”ja-zintitle”>
    <a href=”<?php echo $row->link;?>” title=”<?php echo strip_tags($row->title);?>”><?php echo $row->title;?></a>
    </h4>

I need to help Please.

anoel Friend

Im not happy with your half support.

TomC Moderator

<em>@anoel 256200 wrote:</em><blockquote>Im not happy with your half support.</blockquote>
    It appears that you have been receiving assistance – and have even suggested some trial-and-error fixes of your own.

Do you use any online web development tools – such as Firebug (as pritam did above and has been using to try to assist you)?

anoel Friend

Im using cuteftp. Anyway this code is not about my problem. its changing ja news main category name size. I said how can I change characters limit of articles titles.

TomC Moderator

I may be missing the point here . . . but if you want shorter article titles, can you not simply write them shorter/more concisely?

Why would you need a character limit for article titles?

anoel Friend

Because some news titles are too long turkish is not like english. Some words are too long. so some article titles are 3 or 4 lines, some are 1 line or 2 lines. Its not looking good.

Phill Moderator

I don’t think pritam fully understood what you wanted here. His method would just reduce the size of the title not reduce the number of chars. There are a number of ways to achieve that but I only have an iPad until tomorrow so it is difficult for me to test some things for you.

Do you want everything after say 30 chars stripped from the end of the title? I think that may look very odd.

anoel Friend

anyway thanks for reply. Maybe later I can try it I just ask is it possible or not. Can you delete my other topic “No support in this forum” because its not good everbody see it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anoel 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum