Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I really like this new template! 🙂

Can anyone tell me how to create or use JA News and JA News FP like from Teline III with Kyanite? With this new tableless design I don’t even know where to look in index PHP or the CSS to make the mod? :confused:

Anonymous Moderator

Hi geekyartist

You should install two modules. If you see any problem, please submit a ticket, send us your live url, admin account so that i could have a closer look on the issue.

I have tried to install two modules into our template and saw that it is working fine and looks fine.

sagitar6387 Friend

but I can’t download JA News Frong Page module without being sign up as JAEC member.
    So Is there any solution ?
    Appreciate your help.

geekyartist Friend

I have installed both modules. Assigned JA-News FP to Top, but don’t know where to assign JA News 2 module. I have tried creating a ja-news position with in the xml but this does not work. I am working on my local host so there is know way for me to have you look at the problem. Also the text for FP in the Top position is all turned white… any ideas?

Saguaros Moderator

Hello all

Please open the templates/ja_kyanite_iilayoutsdefault.php file

look at a section codes at line 26 => 27

[PHP]
    ‘content-top’ =>”,
    ‘content-bottom’ =>”,
    [/PHP]
    replace them :
    [PHP]
    ‘content-top’ =>’content-top’,
    ‘content-bottom’ =>’content-bot’,
    [/PHP]

after done, you access your adminstrator system and install the ja new ( 2 ) and the ja new fp module on the “content-bot” position

good luck

geekyartist Friend

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right directions. Everything is now working except I have two issues.

First the section header/user tool bar is now showing 3 lines and I am not sure with this new framework were to fix this? See image.

2nd – is there any way to resolve this issue where photos that are being merged in to one on each post is not cropped. I have tried everything to fix this. Sized all photos the same and still this is broken. Have the same problem with Teline III also. Is there anyway to turn this off so I can have the photos show up in the page in their original position like Teline II or other templates.

Thanks for your help!

1. ja-news-section-header
    geekyartist Friend

I am curious… if you are a licensed member as your login shows, then you should be able to download both the ja news modules. They come with the Teline III template. Just download it and copy them to any template you want to use. If you are not a paid member then spend the money and join. The cost is little for what you get here at this site. 😉

Saguaros Moderator

<blockquote>First the section header/user tool bar is now showing 3 lines and I am not sure with this new framework were to fix this? See image.</blockquote>

Ok, i think the problem is simple, we only copy css and images from teline3 to apply for ours.

<blockquote>2nd – is there any way to resolve this issue where photos that are being merged in to one on each post is not cropped. I have tried everything to fix this. Sized all photos the same and still this is broken. Have the same problem with Teline III also. Is there anyway to turn this off so I can have the photos show up in the page in their original position like Teline II or other templates.</blockquote>

if the image is not cropped, may be the image is a linked image ( meaning, this image’s not in your server). the ja news 2 does not support cropping linked image.

geekyartist Friend

Ok I agree copying css and files from Teline III can you give me a list of files to copy and the section of CSS that I need also. I have done this before with other templates, but with this new T3 framework I am still a little lost.

Regarding the cropped photos. All the photos are on my server. I have the same problem on my actual site running Teline III hosted on Bluehost and my localhost machine. See attached images for example. Also to make sure I cleaned all the image caches before I snapped these to make sure I was not holding old data. This will give you a better idea of what is happening. It may be a bug as I have noticed also that img_captioning is not working correctly also.

1. telineIII_cropped
    2. Kyanite_cropped
    3. not_cropped
    Saguaros Moderator

Ok !

All the problems you posted here, they are the problem of the CSS, you can use Firebug tool of Firefox to see all style sheet applying for element you inspecting.

I’ll give you all css and file which you need to use with ja new 2 in the next post.

If your sites are live, please give me the link to them.

geekyartist Friend

Hi tienhc

Have you been able to adjust the CSS. Sorry I have been ill and just now getting back to trying to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  geekyartist 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum