Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Ohh, I cannot save the module after changing its parameters!
    Nothing happens if I click the SAVE (&new, a copy too) buttons, only CLOSE button is working.
    What is going on? Just searched around and found the issue several times in the last FIVE(!) years.
    I was lucky not to meet yet but now I am facing the issue with a LIVING SITE.
    May the J3.4 update caused… currently J3.4.1 is on but still the same.
    Rolled back the JA News Featured module to 2.5.9 but still the same too.
    Many other JA module is infected by this issue please give a helping hand asap!
    Thanx!

Ps.: I still use the NEX v1.0.3 but the current v1.1.1 also cannot solve this problem.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Do you need to check this?

+ Make a backup on your site first

+ Upgrade JA New Featured module

+ Clear cache and check on your site again.

palos Friend

I did it of course but still the same! 🙁
    Btw what do you mean about clearing cache? On Joomla backend or on the host server (by e.g. Filezilla)?
    There is a new 2.4.7 T3 Framework plugin arrived today what is still not updated.
    Do you think it will solve this annoying issue?

Updated to ja_nex_t3 template v1.1.1 since yesterday but nothing turned to good.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@palosutca: In this case, I need to check this problem directly on your site, please pm me URL of your site and admin login, I will help you out.

palos Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,
    PM sent last week… 🙁
    ???

Ninja Lead Moderator

Apologies for this late response, because I need time to duplicate the problem on your site with local.

Now, you can apply my solution to fix the problem on your site

Open modules/mod_janews_featured/assets/elements/japanel.php file

from

jimport('joomla.form.formfield');
    require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/../behavior.php');

to

jimport('joomla.form.formfield');
    JHTML::_('behavior.framework', true);
    require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/../behavior.php');

Let me know if it helps

palos Friend

Wow Ninja,

Thank you, you did it again!:D
    Is this one of the misunderstandings came with J3.4?

(the profile setting was showing strange values before this hack and now I can see my old but proper settings)

palos

ceinef Friend

Hello,

I have the same problem, I tried to update all, clean cach? but nothing happens. I tried this solution but for me it’s not good. Could you take a look please?

Thanks

ceinef Friend

Hello,

I have the same problem, I tried to update all, clean cach? but nothing happens. I tried this solution but for me it’s not good. Could you take a look please?

Thanks

ceinef Friend

Hello,

Thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@ceinef 483580 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

Thanks</blockquote>

You can pm me URL of your site, admin login and FTP account. I will help you to check this bug directly on your site.

ceinef Friend

Hello,

Sorry for my later answer. I was doing a migration to Joomla 3 during this time on our website, with the JA Nex T3 version (the last one).

The solution:

I have to say I was sure it was a problem with some plugin, module or component that not unistalled well, in my case “Cookie Confirm” and other C/M/P. I updated all that I saw with the updater of the core as I said but I reviewed all the things of the web. Cleaning the web on the FTP and the C/M/P on the backend.. updating all, and now all is OK. Also I want to say for the people that has the same problem, that I didn’t need to delete nothing on the SQL.

Thanks for your attention and support.

ceinef Friend

Hello,

Sorry for my later answer. I was doing a migration to Joomla 3 during this time on our website, with the JA Nex T3 version (the last one).

The solution:

I have to say I was sure it was a problem with some plugin, module or component that not unistalled well, in my case “Cookie Confirm” and other C/M/P. I updated all that I saw with the updater of the core as I said but I reviewed all the things of the web. Cleaning the web on the FTP and the C/M/P on the backend.. updating all, and now all is OK. Also I want to say for the people that has the same problem, that I didn’t need to delete nothing on the SQL.

Thanks for your attention and support.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ceinef 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum