Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody,

I’m in trouble with the JA Nickel template. Everything was going in the right way but this morning (in 2 days I’m having an important demo with the client) I discovered some contents are not shown with the Internet Explorer browser (the banner, the demo content and some flash). I’m attaching the image. I think this is happening after the update to joomla 1.5.18 but I am not sure. I’m putting the site online just to get the help – I shouldn’t-. The site http://www.pimby.it

please help me I don’t what to dooo!
    Thank you very much for your kind help

:(( Eugenia

For the Joomlart team: should you ever need the Superadmin username or password, I will send them to you very very quickly

1. Ja_nickel
    Saguaros Moderator

Dear Eugenia!

You copied the Content form the MS Word and pasted into content of articles, this is the reason cause the problem happed.

So that, now the best way, you should check and re-edit all aritcles displaying on the home page. You should not use content from MS Work again.
    Good luck

uniquebiz Friend

tienhc;182094Dear Eugenia!

You copied the Content form the MS Word and pasted into content of articles, this is the reason cause the problem happed.

So that, now the best way, you should check and re-edit all aritcles displaying on the home page. You should not use content from MS Work again.
    Good luck

Hi Eugenia
    just a tip if you must use content supplied in Word format, I always cut & paste it into notepad or a straight ascii editor BEFORE inserting (again copy & paste) into the Joomla editor – this strips the formatting code out and you just add your own formatting in the editor, I find JCE is the best editor I have used and recommend it

Blesings Shannon

pimby2010 Friend

Hi everybody,

thanks a lot for your kind help, I’ve just re-edited my 3 articles in the demo content on the home page, pasting the content from the notepad and formatting everything directly from my joomla editor.

It seems I still have the same problem in IE8, could you please check back http://www.pimby.it?
    Maybe I did something wrong, as you guys may understand I’m not that good on code!!!

Thanks again,
    Eugenia

pimby2010 Friend

Ok…I’ve re-edited also the top news module…I had some dirty code there as well,
    I’m about to cry, Thank you all guys, I can do the demo tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

No more MS word…more notepad to everybody!!!!!!
    Thank you thank you thank from sunny Rome 🙂

Eugenia

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pimby2010 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum