Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I installed Joomla from my hosting company, they offer a quick installation, which was very easy. I then downloaded I’ve downloaded & added the JA Nikel to my template, I disabled the default JA Purity template & enabled the JA Nikel, however it doesn’t look like the demo template does, no main image, no top stories modules etc, any suggestions please, It kind of just looks like ja purity except just with a different logo. Really need to get this looking like demo asap, so help appreciated.

1. Picture-49
    gray Friend

You’ve put the template on your database (table) and files.
    Of cause it’ll differ from the demo, as it’s based on other tables/files (install JA Nikel quickinstall on localhost and inspect the tables/files in media/image folders).

hortitrends Friend

Thanks Gray,
    1. Ok so I have unistalled joomla, & uploading via ftp, its taking some take, should it? I copied the whole folder called “jatc_nickel_j15” to my site. so I guess that means that my url will be http://www.mysite.com/jatc_nickel_j15, when I have installed it & tested, I can just copy all the content in that folder out into the root & delete empty folder right?

2. What do you mean I have “put the template on your database (table) and files”, had I uploaded them to the wrong place?

Thanks, I have used joomla a little before, but I’m finding this all a bit confusing. appreciate help

gray Friend

To have a copy of Joomla looking exactly as on the demo, you should download the quickinstall archive from here (first in the list).

Upload it on your hosting and un-archive (or un-archive on local computer an upload all files you’ll get). Then open URL where you uploaded files. You’ll see beginning of the Joomla installation page. Go through all steps of installation (manual) AND do not forget to press “Load Sample Data” button. By pressing this button you’ll populate the tables with data as on demo site.

As a result you should get a web-site looking as the demo one. Please note that it’ll require deleting demo data and replacing with yours when developing your site. Actually I prefer installation of only the template on web-hosting and demo on localhost for checking how template is organized/working.

Hope it helps a little bit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gray 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum