Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author

<em>@wooohanetworks 117127 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not sure where you guys are located but I am guessing not North America.

Wow, I can see again, how short sighted AMERICAN people are, they think the rest of the world klnows nothing, thank you. SO, THANK FOR YOUR COMMENT, PAL! THOSE STUFF IS BROADCASTED WORLDWIDE. HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED ON “OUR SITES IN EUROPE OR ASIA”, THEY ARE OFTEN QUITE BETTER AND UNIQUE!</blockquote>

Why do you feel the need to respond in such a manner. Is there really any need to be abusive to a nation? And please stop shouting.

<em>@wooohanetworks 117127 wrote:</em><blockquote> also Hung and his team will know all of those sites. </blockquote>

That is a presumtion. How do you know they have seen them. There are some good ideas in some of those sites.

<em>@wooohanetworks 117127 wrote:</em><blockquote>

My local ohl city team.

http://www.attackhockey.com/

Well. looks not 2009 but like a site made with the Sporticus Rockettheme.com template, as mass product like ALL THE NORTH AMERICAN SITES.

</blockquote>

That link unfortunately doesn’t seem to work for me. Maybe it just doesn’t like Blighty.

wooohanetworks Friend

WELL, HE SHOUTS AGAINST ALL NOT NORTH AMERICANS “I DO NOT KNOW WHERE YOU COME FROM BUT SURELY NOT FROM NORTH AMERICA”.

This I take as a direct insultment against all the people living outside the USA, who is now the weakest economy in the world when you calculate the relations. The poorest nation in the world still comes the rest of the world as if they do not know what is going on.

Sorry, Phil, I have any right to respond to such inadequate stuff from a guy like this, sorry! Seems they never learn…;) And this is the point, he assumes that people outside the USA are like he assumes maybe people in so called third world countries have websites like, assuming all people outside the USA only build sites that look like underachieving sites, where he seems not to know that especially Europe and Asia are even more behind uniqueness than all those kiddie stuff from the USA. Plus he comes with those links where tomorrow the new template is released, makes no sense, when it was made clear that some links would have been good at a point of time people could have learned from it and implementing things into this new template. He comes like an elephant in the porcelain shop, “Hey, we big americans now have to talk, I do not know where you come from buddies, you must be backwood bees, here this is what you need to look at, USA.”

Is he joking and you too, or what?

And you can bet that Hung and his team know what the NBA is and what NASCAR, do you think they live in the woods behind 90% of the rest of world? You must be kidding, every kid and even every 50year old guy knows those, as all those look sports news in their home country and any country in the world also shows NBA and stuff as regular news besides the main part of the own country. BUT why taking those as examples, I know Hung referred to some super made sports sites, news portals and not some league sites that all look like RT templates from 2007 or earlier.

Phill Moderator

Actually, I read it more along the lines of how much money some North American companies throw at /waste on their sites and not as an insult to the rest of the known universe. And while I do enjoy the odd bit of Merkan bashing I do it only when I feel it is deserved and in this case I do not feel it is. By “Big Boys”. I think he means the very cash rich sports companies. As usual woohan, I think you are over-reacting.

On your second point, while Hung and the team may have heard of the NBA and NASCAR (though it was you that mentioned them, not our friendly Merkan) they may not have spent their days crawling every sports related website out there. I certainly have never looked at those sites as I tend to only follow sports I am interested in (namely Windsurfing, Sailing and Rugby and I have never looked at a Rugby site as the good old BBC give me all the info I need). Even when I used to play basketball I didn’t bother with the NBA site.

Here are some UK sites, not to my taste but good layouts and ideas.

http://www.manutd.com/
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Home/0,,10268,00.html

And here are a couple worked on by a friend of mine.

http://www.a1gp.com/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
    http://www.boardseekermag.com/home.php

we2solutions Friend

HI all,

Lets wait and see then talk about the new sport template.few more houres to go people.be calm & cool

thanks

bolero1 Friend

I agree with the posters here. There are enough “grunge” and dark background sites now on joomlart. It’s time to focus on clean, polished, professional looking sites for businesses–especially service-based businesses that do not sell tangible products–which are growing in popularity by the day in the U.S.

Please shift focus to business-theme sites for the next three or four months at least

http://www.vmware.com
    http://www.sun.com
    http://webex.com

etc etc etc etc

Thanks

wooohanetworks Friend

Anyone who does not know for sure what a tangible good is and what an intangible good is, here some explanation:

“Tangible goods are merchandise that you can put your hands on. Stuff like jewelry, computers, clothing or even CD’s are all tangible products. When you go shopping in a store, everything you place in your shopping cart would be tangible goods.

You can also shop online and add real products to your shopping cart there too. As long as something is shipping to you it will be a tangible good.

On the other side of this, intangible goods are products that cannot be seen or touched. Things like domain names or computer programs are intangible goods. Even music you download from the web is considered intangible even though if you buy the CD it would be tangible.

Tangible also means, capable of being touched.”

Hope it helps!;)

theprofessor Friend

Interesting template, not too bad at all. Not sure what all the whining and complaining is about…is this a website design forum or a daycare?

Anyways, I have little knowledge about setting up a website with Joomla, and after all the work I spent designing my current website, I don’t plan to learn. I own a popular website that focuses on ice hockey.

So, I have hired a Joomla pro, and he starts on our sports website (to replace our current one) this upcoming Monday. We are very excited, and the release of this template just might be timely as we were really having a difficult time trying to find a template that would fit our niche.

I think this one might do the trick. We will integrate CB and blogs (if it doesn’t already have it) and a few other extensions and I believe it shows promise to be a very sharp looking sports website.

Count me in the group that is pleased to see this.

TomC Moderator

<em>@theprofessor 117320 wrote:</em><blockquote>Interesting template, not too bad at all. Not sure what all the whining and complaining is about…is this a website design forum or a daycare?

Anyways, I have little knowledge about setting up a website with Joomla, and after all the work I spent designing my current website, I don’t plan to learn. I own a popular website that focuses on ice hockey.

So, I have hired a Joomla pro, and he starts on our sports website (to replace our current one) this upcoming Monday. We are very excited, and the release of this template just might be timely as we were really having a difficult time trying to find a template that would fit our niche.

I think this one might do the trick. We will integrate CB and blogs (if it doesn’t already have it) and a few other extensions and I believe it shows promise to be a very sharp looking sports website.

Count me in the group that is pleased to see this.</blockquote>
    So you’re going to be joining the Club to utilize the new Opal template? – FANTASTIC !!!

Look forward to seeing the finished product

theprofessor Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 117321 wrote:</em><blockquote>So you’re going to be joining the Club to utilize the new Opal template? – FANTASTIC !!!

Look forward to seeing the finished product</blockquote>

Absolutely, this template is exactly what we have been looking for. Really very excited about it. Very clean, very sporty (not gamey), very modern.

I built my current website on homestead sitebuilder (if you can believe that!). http://www.schoolyourpool.com

We never thought we would grow as fast as we have, and every day without a move to a proper CMS is painful. As I said before — I’m not a design guy, and I’ve hired someone to build our new site…just don’t have the time to learn the Joomla stuff. Hopefully this template is available for download as soon as possible and my guy can get working on it right away.

we2solutions Friend

<em>@theprofessor 117322 wrote:</em><blockquote>Absolutely, this template is exactly what we have been looking for. Really very excited about it. Very clean, very sporty (not gamey), very modern.

I built my current website on homestead sitebuilder (if you can believe that!). http://www.schoolyourpool.com

We never thought we would grow as fast as we have, and every day without a move to a proper CMS is painful. As I said before — I’m not a design guy, and I’ve hired someone to build our new site…just don’t have the time to learn the Joomla stuff. Hopefully this template is available for download as soon as possible and my guy can get working on it right away.</blockquote>

Hi theprofessor;

now you can download the template..it is very beautiful template…

thanks

theprofessor Friend

<em>@dumindard 117433 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi theprofessor;

now you can download the template..it is very beautiful template…

thanks</blockquote>

Just did! 🙂

Wish me luck. Will attempt to integrate CB and Fireboard for sure, then a blog extension maybe and probably JomComments…not sure.

we2solutions Friend

<em>@theprofessor 117435 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just did! 🙂

Wish me luck. Will attempt to integrate CB and Fireboard for sure, then a blog extension maybe and probably JomComments…not sure.</blockquote>

Good Luck brother 😀
    looking forward to see your site feature 😎

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

This topic contains 72 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  we2solutions 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum