Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m a paid customer and I’m stuck with a problem need a solution ASAP. I submitted an urgent ticket but it took ticket owner 60+ (sixty) hours to reply only two times and his/her suggestions are open ended and was not going anywhere. Even free module/component builders’ support is much better than that.

JA products’ face is exceptional but Q/A and support is a disgrace. I’m an independent WEB Master and Developer for a non-profit organization and NOT affiliated with any other development shop. You can find my email below if you want to contact me.

Gursoy Yerli
    gursoy@yerli.org

Phill Moderator

I am sorry you feel that way and I can assure you that a number of people have looked at your issue. I have just spent the last 10 minutes looking at your tickets and thread and the dev in question needs one more piece of information to investigate. You have supplied your mysql details but with just those it is hard to go through your database without running scripts etc. Do you have phpmyadmin or similar? Those are the details the dev is after to look at your issues.

I too am using JA Community Plus as you can see here – http://www.windsurf.me.uk and the login is working as expected so I know it does work. Were your problems there from the start or did they appear at a later date? Have you tried a quickstart elsewhere on your server to rule out a server issue? Have you tried switching to a default template and then used the standard Joomla logon module? That would prove very quickly whether it is a template issue or an issue with your server or joomla install. Let’s try and debug this and together we can try and resolve your problem

Once the dev has the phpmyadmin details he too can look into it but let’s try the above first.

gursoy Friend

Gam Phan helped and problem is solved by adding a missing record to “jos_core_acl_aro_sections” table. But the root cause of the problem still unknown. Fresh install of JA Community Plus quickstart somehow missed populating that table. Or something else.

Thank you for your efforts. I’ll keep looking and if I find anything I’ll post it here.

Here’s the SQL DML to insert a single record to that table;

INSERT INTO `jos_core_acl_aro_sections` (`id`, `value`, `order_value`, `name`, `hidden`) VALUES
    (10, ‘users’, 1, ‘Users’, 0);

Phill Moderator

As you had 3 tickets open on this I have closed the quiet 2 and for now left the third open (the one where the devs have worked hard to reslolve this). I have tried a number of times to replicate your issue as have the devs but at the moment this is proving impossible. We cannot understand what has gone wrong at this time. It could have been some file corruption or any number of other things. We are satisfied that the current JA Community Plus download does not have this problem.

Thank you for updating us and resolving your thread. When it is complete please show us your work. JA will very soon be re-launching the Sito of the Month competition and it would be great to have you as an entrant.

TomC Moderator

gursoy:

You call yourself a web “Master” and “Developer” – i.e., a “professional” and THIS is how you present yourself? Not exactly the kind of demeanor I – or most- would want in a web “professional” who, I assume, would like to acquire new/more clients at some point and/or seek constructive appreciation of his work.

You should really read the comments here –> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/fantastic-community-support/

Phill Moderator

Tom,

We are all entitled to feel frustrated at times. When you feel that way it is often better to walk away and return when you have had time to think before writing an email or forum post etc. In these instant electronig times we all often just fire off what is on our minds. Previously, when we put pen to paper we would think more carefully about our composition. The same could be said regarding your post. Better to offer something constructive rather thant directly criticise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum