Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

As described in the title the JA promo bar isn’t moving the rest of the content down and as such is covering the top menu. It also down not move after clicking the up button.

I have searched the forum and tried the customisations suggested in the following threads, but the problem remains

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/problem-with-ja-promo-bar/

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-promo-bar-move-menu-down/

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks very much

TomC Moderator

I just clicked the “up” button (in Firefox) and the promo bar moved up/out of display.

When it did, I didn’t see any main menu navigation displaying at all.

TomC Moderator

I just clicked the “up” button (in Firefox) and the promo bar moved up/out of display.

When it did, I didn’t see any main menu navigation displaying at all.

scottymac1979 Friend

Thanks for taking a look. I just checked and the ‘Up’ button works in Edge and Firefox, but not in Chrome. However the menu is not visible in any. If I unpublish the promo bar then the menu re-appears straight away.

I have the promo bar published to acm-header … would that somehow disable the menu ?

scottymac1979 Friend

Thanks for taking a look. I just checked and the ‘Up’ button works in Edge and Firefox, but not in Chrome. However the menu is not visible in any. If I unpublish the promo bar then the menu re-appears straight away.

I have the promo bar published to acm-header … would that somehow disable the menu ?

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@scottymac1979 497029 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for taking a look. I just checked and the ‘Up’ button works in Edge and Firefox, but not in Chrome. However the menu is not visible in any. If I unpublish the promo bar then the menu re-appears straight away.

I have the promo bar published to acm-header … would that somehow disable the menu ?</blockquote>

Actually, as a small update to the above I’ve just done a little more testing and the UP button does work in Chrome, FF and Edge on the home page (menu type – special blank) … however on pages which are using a menu link – Single Article, the up button doesn’t work. This isn’t a HUGE issue as I would be content with it just functioning properly on the home page.

However, the menu disappears when the promo bar is published on all browsers.

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@scottymac1979 497029 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for taking a look. I just checked and the ‘Up’ button works in Edge and Firefox, but not in Chrome. However the menu is not visible in any. If I unpublish the promo bar then the menu re-appears straight away.

I have the promo bar published to acm-header … would that somehow disable the menu ?</blockquote>

Actually, as a small update to the above I’ve just done a little more testing and the UP button does work in Chrome, FF and Edge on the home page (menu type – special blank) … however on pages which are using a menu link – Single Article, the up button doesn’t work. This isn’t a HUGE issue as I would be content with it just functioning properly on the home page.

However, the menu disappears when the promo bar is published on all browsers.

TomC Moderator

There may be some kind of javascript conflict occurring – not entirely certain.

I’m forwarding this issue onto the JA Dev Team for review.

TomC Moderator

There may be some kind of javascript conflict occurring – not entirely certain.

I’m forwarding this issue onto the JA Dev Team for review.

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@TomC 497035 wrote:</em><blockquote>There may be some kind of javascript conflict occurring – not entirely certain.

I’m forwarding this issue onto the JA Dev Team for review.</blockquote>

Thanks very much Tom

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@TomC 497035 wrote:</em><blockquote>There may be some kind of javascript conflict occurring – not entirely certain.

I’m forwarding this issue onto the JA Dev Team for review.</blockquote>

Thanks very much Tom

Adam M Moderator

Hi @scottymac1979,

I’ve just move the JA Promo Bar module from position acm-header to charity-home and it work fine, please recheck.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @scottymac1979,

I’ve just move the JA Promo Bar module from position acm-header to charity-home and it work fine, please recheck.

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@Adam M 497136 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @scottymac1979,

I’ve just move the JA Promo Bar module from position acm-header to charity-home and it work fine, please recheck.</blockquote>

Thanks very much Adam ! works perfectly

I really should have though of that, sorry to bother you but many thanks for your time.

Scott

scottymac1979 Friend

<em>@Adam M 497136 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @scottymac1979,

I’ve just move the JA Promo Bar module from position acm-header to charity-home and it work fine, please recheck.</blockquote>

Thanks very much Adam ! works perfectly

I really should have though of that, sorry to bother you but many thanks for your time.

Scott

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scottymac1979 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum