Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

It appears that JA Promobar is not using the defined Joomla local time but may be using server time. Is that correct?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@dhuelsmann 430912 wrote:</em><blockquote>It appears that JA Promobar is not using the defined Joomla local time but may be using server time. Is that correct?</blockquote>
    Please read this user guide and apply the counter settings correctly .
    Hope it helps

dhuelsmann Friend

Sorry, that does not answer the question. I have applied the settings correctly. For example, the promobar shows the countdown remaining to the expiration point as 5 hours when it actually is 10 hours leading me to believe it is not utilizing the Joomla time but is using the server time. How abut having someone who knows for sure answer the question!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Did you selected the server time Zone
    from Global config.> server >Location settings

1. Global-Configuration
    dhuelsmann Friend

Of course. I am in the Chicago time zone. Again, whoever programmed this module could answer a straight up question, don’t you think?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@dhuelsmann 430995 wrote:</em><blockquote>Of course. I am in the Chicago time zone. Again, whoever programmed this module could answer a straight up question, don’t you think?</blockquote>
    Keep patience
    I am forwarding the issue to the development team .
    Please PM me the super user credentials of your site .
    And FTP details .

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@dhuelsmann 430995 wrote:</em><blockquote>Of course. I am in the Chicago time zone. Again, whoever programmed this module could answer a straight up question, don’t you think?</blockquote>

The JA Promo Bar module gets server time of your site. You can pm me URL and admin credentials of your site, I shall help you check the module configuration further if you wish.

dhuelsmann Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 431412 wrote:</em><blockquote>The JA Promo Bar module gets server time of your site. You can pm me URL and admin credentials of your site, I shall help you check the module configuration further if you wish.</blockquote>

That’s not necessary. It would be more useful if it was changed to utilize the time zone setting in the Joomla installation package.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dhuelsmann 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum