Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

In the JA Quillaja:

http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_quillaja

the “Headline” section of the JA News has a very neat “3-row” format:

1. row 1: Headline Title
    2. row 2: Headline Image that spans the entire width of the module (obviously centered)
    3. row 3: The Headline summary text

This “Headline” format in “JA Quillaja” (view link above) avoids the jagged appearance of the “title”, “”image” and the “text” in the format used for the selected Headline articles in the JA Teline:

http://www.joomlart.com/template/ja_teline

Moreover, the overall layout would be more easy to control when the font size is enlarged. I am not sure however how it will behave in the “minimize” layout format that is already addressed in a separate thread:

Screen Resolution Configuration modifications

So, here are my questions:

1. What must be revised (most likely the CSS, and which CSS?) — in the Headline section of the JA News module included the JA Teline — so that the “Headline” format will be like that of the JA Quillaja (view link above)?
    2. What can be done (perhaps a Java script?) so that when an article contained in the Headline section is included as a “lead article” in the subsection (category) of the JA News, it will have the format of the subsection (category)
      • Here, the large image must be resized to an “automatic fixed width” that would follow the default format of the “lead article” in the subsection (categories) of the JA News?
      • I can find a work around on the second question — for example ensuring that there is a lead news different from that contained in the headline section, for each subsection (category); but I would rather not, if someone knows a an existing script or would like to provide a script to eable the feature outlined above.
  • What can be done (perhaps a Java script?) so that when the summary article — included in any section of the JA News module — is presented as a “full article”, the image in the “full article” is resized to span the full width of the module for the full article section?
    1. Here, the format will be like the “3-row” format of the materials included in the “Headline” section of the JA News in the JA Quillaja — except that the the full text follows the image. (see above and the link)
    2. As stated
    3. Another neat feature would be to include a caption below the image.

While this might seem a JA Teline question, it is best presented in a more general forum — rather than in the JA Teline forum — because the questions asked here have applications in any template that would include the JA News module.

In fact, in theory the JA News module may be used as the main column format in any of the templates created so far — since there is a feature in the JA News module that allows selection of “one-“, “two-” column for the subsections (categories) as well as the ability to specify the number of subsections (categories).

Hmm the latter might have solved the minimalist template that I have been looking for, if some of the questions asked here are resolved.

Thanks.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

My own preference is that Joomlart staff focus in creating the key modules and features that can be adapted in any template. For example, another suggestion I proposed:

JA Tabs Modifications

as well as others could provide more flexible templates that could improve the layout format and/or create more unique templates that will suite the taste of the webmaster or function of the website.

Personally, I would prefer this direction rather than the attempt to create 2-templates each month. If you are savvy enough to understand, except for a few features here and there, they are nothing but dressing up with whistles and bells — changing the color, rearranging the location, etc.

If the Joomlart staff would provide these “modular features” and provide well-written step-by-step “How to’s” and FAQ’s for technically-challenged members like me, I think Joomlart would become a breed apart from the template business.

A model would be the continued development of the “JA News” module, for example. Or increase the functionality of the menus. I could propose more changes in the “JA News” module that could make it more functional as well as emulate the capabilities of professional and commercial online news and news magazines.

It may be able to attract long term members, by proividing some technical simple assistance to paid membbers.

I propose a poll to get a sense of what other members think. How do I add a Poll here? Or can someone do it?

The main question would be:

What would you prefer to be the focus of Joomlart, if you can only have one?

And the choices would be

1. Stay with the current focus — “two templates” monthly.
  2. Develop more innovative modular features (adaptable to all templates)

it would be ideal to have both, that would be great — but considering the lack of participation of staff in the forum, and the rather wanting manuals, it might not be likely to be able to have both wishes any time soon.

Cornelio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  cgc0202 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum