Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Different theme for the normally music based template. Looking for feedback… torontohockey.net

What can be improved? :-[
    Is it easy to navigate? :confused:
    To much on the front page? 😮

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers…

TomC Moderator

You know what, I actually LIKE IT A LOT !!!!

The only bit of constructive criticism I would offer – and this may very well be just a personal thing for me – is that it kind of bugs me that there seems to be too much open/empty black space on either side of the main header/logo area. I am not saying clutter the heck out of it, but I wonder if something additional can’t be done to either tighten it up or further enhance it to make the empty space look less . . . empty.

I’m also not sure about the “article directoru” structure when one clicks on one of the items in the right hand navigation menu. For a site as potentially exciting as this one, the “grid” structure seems a bit lacking (visually). A suggestion might be to incorporate the kind of news story structure of JA Teline with your primary Quijilla template structure. (just a thought)

Other than this, the colors and site structure work really well. The scoreboard ticker is a FANTASTIC element – especially givent eh theme of the site.

I like the way you have your giveaway items displayed – and it even makes me think that you could add VirtueMart functionality to your site one day for selling some goods.

All in all – NICE WORK !!!

TOM

csib Friend

I liked your site too. Looks verry nice and I don’t agree with the black space between the logo. I think you should keep it as it is.

Well.. Maybe you could put a divider (<hr> or something like that) between each “tracker” on the page http://torontohockey.net/trade-tracker/ to make it easier to follow.

Bryan Villeneuve Friend

<em>@csib 24794 wrote:</em><blockquote>I liked your site too. Looks verry nice and I don’t agree with the black space between the logo. I think you should keep it as it is.

Well.. Maybe you could put a divider (<hr> or something like that) between each “tracker” on the page http://torontohockey.net/trade-tracker/ to make it easier to follow.</blockquote>

Done. Thanks, good suggestion. :D:D

Bryan Villeneuve Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 24788 wrote:</em><blockquote>You know what, I actually LIKE IT A LOT !!!!

The only bit of constructive criticism I would offer – and this may very well be just a personal thing for me – is that it kind of bugs me that there seems to be too much open/empty black space on either side of the main header/logo area. I am not saying clutter the heck out of it, but I wonder if something additional can’t be done to either tighten it up or further enhance it to make the empty space look less . . . empty.

I’m also not sure about the “article directoru” structure when one clicks on one of the items in the right hand navigation menu. For a site as potentially exciting as this one, the “grid” structure seems a bit lacking (visually). A suggestion might be to incorporate the kind of news story structure of JA Teline with your primary Quijilla template structure. (just a thought)

Other than this, the colors and site structure work really well. The scoreboard ticker is a FANTASTIC element – especially givent eh theme of the site.

I like the way you have your giveaway items displayed – and it even makes me think that you could add VirtueMart functionality to your site one day for selling some goods.

All in all – NICE WORK !!!

TOM</blockquote>

Thanks for the compliments much appreciated.

I think you are right about the table and I will change them to the blog format with pic and intro like the fantasy section.

I do have some plans for shopping cart…waiting for a local retailer to get his POS up so I can set up some drop shipping.

Thanks again appreciate the feedback.

TomC Moderator

<em>@csib 24794 wrote:</em><blockquote>I liked your site too. Looks verry nice and I don’t agree with the black space between the logo. I think you should keep it as it is.
    </blockquote>

Hey my brutha … You wanna step outside ??

:p

Actually, it may be because I use a 1280 x 1024 screen resolution – so there is additional space on the right and left.
    When I reduce my resolution to 1024×768 – it looks fine.

😎

ryanlama Friend

nice.
    i like it good job

captiv8 Friend

Wow nice site. I’m impressed that you got the quilaja template working. I’ve had tremendous amount of problems with it. BTW what version of Joomla are you running?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  captiv8 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum