Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi Joomlart !

I am very excited after finding this site! being new to Joomla I was a little apprehensive but I paid for a subscription and think it is excellent value for money! I have 3 websites of which my first Project is to upgrade a Fifa Community Website from MODX CMS.

I have installed Joomla 1.5.23 and all of the available JA modules that come with JA Rasite to the latest versions including template JA Rasite 1.1.1 which I want as the basis of my site, but since installing it I also found the T3 Framework v2 with Blank Template Profile manager 🙂

Now my question is, can I not have JA Rasite under T3 Framwork v2 Profile Manager so I can edit and update the theme using this?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to some good news !

mayuri_g Friend

hello, you can create your own theme in JA Rasite template and whenever you want can edit , update it. once you create the theme in JA Rasite template apply that theme in T3 template.

gr00vytunes Friend

<em>@mayuri_g 243836 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello, you can create your own theme in JA Rasite template and whenever you want can edit , update it. once you create the theme in JA Rasite template apply that theme in T3 template.</blockquote>

Sounds excellent! How do I apply the theme in T3 Template?

Phill Moderator

The J1.6 version of Rasite uses the V2 framework. The J1.5 version uses the V1 version of the framework as you have discovered. In many ways they are similar but the older version is not as feature rich.

Is there something specific you would like to do? If so we can try and help.

mayuri_g Friend

you can go with Phill’s solution by using J1.6 and JA Rasite template that is build on JAT3V2 framework or if you want to continue with J1.5 then you can download JAT3V2 blank for J1.5 template from this link
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=317 ,
    and create the Rasite theme in the blank t3 template. This means that you will be using the latest framework version with all the features it provides and you will be creating a new template on the basis of this framework. For help in creating this new theme, you can refer to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2-a0lLKQ0&playnext=1&list=PLBC9B0C0BFE98657E
    Making a Joomla! template in 30 minutes with JAT3 Framework – (Video #5 – Usertheme Part 1/2)
    This video explains how to create a new theme using JAT3 framework.. You will get a good idea once you see it.

Still if you need any help , you can ask me again.

gr00vytunes Friend

Ah ok, cheers lads..

I’m getting myself in a bit of spin, I uploaded the T3 2.0 and Blank Template and i thought you could just apply an existing theme to it, I like the look of the T3 add on for assisting in modifying your theme. I’m pretty new to Joomla, I tried a completely different template but I seem to have the same positions list in the drop down for modules no matter which one i use. So following the positional layouts on the template diagram never match any template i download and install. I then tried to find a way of removing or moving the main menu at the top of the JA RASITE but couldn’t find a way of doing it.

Probably just confused the hell of you now..

Not sure where to go from here 🙁 (Want to keep J1.5 with JFusion (phpbb3), Joomsport etc)

himangi Friend

Hi gr00vytunes,

Did you check the video tutorial at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2-a0lLKQ0&playnext=1&list=PLBC9B0C0BFE98657E ? It explains how you can create a new theme after you have installed the JAT3 blank template in your joomla. If you can update your admin and ftp details at http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/73558 , I can create a new theme for you and you can then change css and layout (positions) as you want..

Phill Moderator

Re-creating Rasite on the V2 framework for J1.5 may involve quite a bit of time. I see you want to keep your existing forum but how about using the J1.6 versions and migrating your PHPBB3 forum to a Kunena forum. Yes, PHPBB3 is excellent but Kunena is up to the task and as it is a native Joomla component there is none of that messy bridging to worry about. Migrating all your existing forums is quite simple too.

gr00vytunes Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 244813 wrote:</em><blockquote>Re-creating Rasite on the V2 framework for J1.5 may involve quite a bit of time. I see you want to keep your existing forum but how about using the J1.6 versions and migrating your PHPBB3 forum to a Kunena forum. Yes, PHPBB3 is excellent but Kunena is up to the task and as it is a native Joomla component there is none of that messy bridging to worry about. Migrating all your existing forums is quite simple too.</blockquote>

Hi Phil,

phpbb3 is the life of the Community website, its not an option to stop using it, especially with the phpbb3 MODS we use!

The main reason for moving over to Joomla is to use joomsport with user integration jfusion, as this has become a very important factor in our site moving forward. I am happy with the technical setup, just the design and layout.

I had a play with the blank T3 v2.0 template and looked up resources etc, but the biggest issue I have is the positions are not relevant to this template and I don’t know how to change them. (the dropdown in module’s where you select where you want it) Surely this list should change when you change templates ?

cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gr00vytunes 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum