Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Would be very nice if is possible in any way to upgrade this template to joomla 1.7

Thank you very much

herrick Friend

I agree — we’re using the JA Rutile template and would like to upgrade to 1.7.

TomC Moderator

Perhaps this information may help? —-> http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrade_1.5_to_1.7

herrick Friend

Thanks, Tom, but we’re using the JA Rutile template which isn’t yet available in a 1.7 version. It’s unclear to me whether Joomlart plans to update it.

Are our options to either upgrade the template on our own or to start over with a new template? Are there other options I’m not aware of? My understanding is that 1.5 is being supported only through April 2012.

TomC Moderator
    With the pending advent of the next LTR (Long Term Release) in Joomla 2.5 (slated for last half of Jan 2012), our JA Senior Staff and Devs are currently assessing the prudency of planning for updating our JATC Template Catalog for J2.5 – as opposed to devoting the time and resources for updating the catalog for the interim J1.7.

As J2.5 remains in the beta stage at this point, we will not be able to assess our plan-of-action until such time as either J2.5RC (release candidate) is released or J2.5 stable is ultimately released (as we do not want to design/update for a beta or RC release that is fraught with bugs and errors).

Hope that makes some logical sense at this time . . . and we most certainly appreciate your patience with this process.

herrick Friend

Thanks for the information you provided. My overall concern is that support for J1.5 will end in April 2012, and I can’t determine if Joomlart is committed to issuing an upgraded template before that date.

TomC Moderator

<em>@herrick 293967 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the information you provided. My overall concern is that support for J1.5 will end in April 2012, and I can’t determine if Joomlart is committed to issuing an upgraded template before that date.</blockquote>
    Understood . . . and as I mentioned, our goal is to update the majority of our JATC Templates as expeditiously and thoroughly as possible.

Also, although “official” Joomla “support” for J1.5 may end in April 2012 (if such is not extended), JA Support will always try our best to provide appropriate support/guidance for all of our templates – regardless of platform version.

herrick Friend

Hello, Tom, I’m wondering if any decision has been taken about upgrading JA Rutile to 2.5. Ellen

Phill Moderator

With a huge catalogue of over 100 templates to consider if upgrading them is to be done then it will take quite some time. Currently the plan is to only upgrade the most popular templates but full plans have yet to be determined. Sorry I cannot be more forthcoming, we simply do not know at the moment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum