Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello:

I am trying to fine-tune my work with JA Sanidine and have run into an issue/glitch with the CB Gallery Component.

A person signing in to the site apparently registered and uploaded an image per the CB Gallery user-front end module. It was during testing and I consequently deleted his account and the picture he uploaded. The Gallery still attempts to load that picture (F-22 RAPTOR.gif). It doesn’t look good. I don’t know how to correct this issue.

I went to the Community Builder forum for help and really struggled with their support as they mostly deferred to whomever modified CB with the template (which would be Joomlart).

The following is part of the person’s (Nant) reply:
    “The version of CB Gallery you have most likely will not even work on Joomla 1.5 without legacy enabled (unless of course the template folks made modifications to it).

So, to be honest, I do not even know if the version you have installed hasn’t been modified in anyway. The fact that you stated that deleting an image from a gallery causes issues with the module is an indication that something is wrong (as I believe there was never an issue similar to this even in earlier versions).”

I hate to have things not run right or not look good. Can someone have a look and let me know what they think?

The site url is:
    http://voosgamemotel.com

Thank you,
    PS- I’m a little concerned about Community Builder. It appears that unless one buys a subscription that they aren’t particularly keen on supporting or updating “unpaid” products or products added by third parties such as Joomlart. Any thoughts regarding this pertaining to the Gallery, Forum and Community Builder Listings/Profiles. Should I be looking to replace these elements with other products?

Thanks very much. You guys are appreciated.

Phill Moderator

JA have not touched Sandine in a while with regards to the third party components installed, it is a 3yr old design. The problem you are seeing is most certainly an issue with community builder and they are correct in that it has probably been fixed in a later release. Unfortunately you will have to upgrade your community builder install which should be quite easy. Unfortunately I am not sure if the template side has been tested with the latest CB. It could be that there are issues or it may work smoothly, it is only by trying it you will be able to tell.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum