Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello:

I am in the template club and have just downloaded JA Sanidine to use for a gamers portal, forum and community builder. I am sorry about these questions, I just haven’t done the beginning part of a Joomla Template install for a while. Once its up I will be OK- thank you for your patience and help.

Question #1: I know this will sound odd at first, but must I have the domain name associated with my webserver before I upload the JA Sanidine quickstart to the web server? I have unlimited hosting with GoDaddy and was thinking to get Sanidine uploaded and working first and then have my friend point his domain to my nameserver – folder on my webhost. Is this possible? What should I do here?

Question #2: I have only downloaded (1) template before this and I have forgotten the best way to get started, upload quickstart and setup the site. Hung provided a great simple outline. Could that be pasted as a response to this also?

Question #3: Which is better to use? JA Sanidine or JA Sanidine II?

Thank you very much.

himangi Friend

Hi,

Ans #1:
    You can setup quickstart on your server without associating domain with the webserver. You can use the temporary URL provided by GoDaddy while setting up the quickstart.

Ans #2:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-install-joomlart-quickstart/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum