Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    i wish very very very hard to have the JA Sargas template for Joomla 1.7!!!
    Can this be possible?
    Please!!!

Many thanks.
    Regards,
    André

jneubauer Friend

The Joomlart team is working hard on upgrading our template library.
    As you can imagine, this is a daunting task since Joomlart has one of the largest template libraries of any Joomla! template providor!
    You can get regular updates as template updates are released here: http://www.joomlart.com/updates/joomla-templates
    Hopefully we’ll see it soon! 🙂

andrescala Friend

Hi there, yes i know 🙂
    But, here my problem, my theatre company have choose that template and i will work on it, but, Joomla are in the 1.7 version!
    I need to do the site to first week of december :((
    Well, when i wrotte this threath was just to know if you guyes have any chance to upgrade this one. I see all the same themes be upgrading and this one is only in 1.5!

I’m not saying that you need to upgrade, i’m just asking if that can be possible but, sooner :-*
    I’m a member because i love your work in Joomla 😎

Thanks for your answer jneubauer 😉
    Regards,
    André

PS: sorry for my English, it’s rusty :p

jneubauer Friend

I’m not sure if we have a specific timeline for that one – that’s a fairly old template, and Joomlart is working backwards from the most recent templates.

andrescala Friend

Yes, i know that!
    That’s because why i’m asking if you guys, can do it.
    We all be appreciated the effort and see the features, or not, of the new version to 1.7!

Can you study the situation and see if this template can have a change to evolve?
    Don’t know if that is possible or not, if not, oh well, need to study a theme to 1.7 version, crying because this beatifull theme not evolved 😉

Many thanks.
    Regards

jneubauer Friend

You say that like Sargas will never be available for 1.7!!
    I never said it will not be ported to 1.7, in fact, I’m sure it will – it is just not available right now!

andrescala Friend

Ya, sorry for that!
    Is just because we stayed very pleased with that theme and when a friend have told us to use the 1.7 version of Joomla, i said “Crap, the JA Sargas is for 1.5”.

I will study the situation and see if i continue the work in the 1.5 JA Sargas and hopefully JA Sargas be released to the 1.7 or start again with another theme.

Thanks jneubauer, but with this tiny time to do the site i need to move fast and i’m not winning money with this, in fact, i’m loosing it!!! :((

Best regards and thanks for your time,
    André

Phill Moderator

Currently the J1.7 release will cease support in Feb 2012 only a few weeks after your site is due to go live. The current long term support release, J1.5 continues on to mid April 2012

This makes it a difficult decision as to whether to go for J1.5 or J1.7. Going J1.5 means you would have to migrate your site to the new J2.5 release when it is ready. Going J1.7 now might not mean that but you would have a relatively short time to upgrade and would also have to rely on the developers of any extensions you may need to have J2.5 versions available.

As for Sargas, blimey that is an oldie. Not sure at all what plans JA have with regards to upgrading that one. Having said that it is a simple template which should require very little effort for someone familiar with JAT3 to convert. If you really need it soon then maybe you should give it a go yourself or hire a freelancer to update it for you. With all the design already done coding it should not be a big problem.

andrescala Friend

Thanks for the help phill luckhurst,

I will see what will we do about that. I will try to upgrade the 1.5 JA Sargas to 1.7 by myself because we don’t have means to pay to upgrade. When i have contact the “staff” by a ticket they respond with an article in wikipedia how to upgrade 1.5 to 1.7!

Thanks again for the support.
    Regards,
    André

Phill Moderator

Do you know your ticket numbers? I can have a look at the replies just to see what happened.

Give upgrading a go and if you run into trouble start a new thread and I am sure the JA team will do their best to help you.

TomC Moderator

<em>@phill luckhurst 269310 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you know your ticket numbers? I can have a look at the replies just to see what happened.
    Give upgrading a go and if you run into trouble start a new thread and I am sure the JA team will do their best to help you.</blockquote>

I responded to the Ticket, Phill . . . and I provided our friend with the link that is in my signature (see below)

😎

Phill Moderator

No worries Tom, just interested in how others respond when the user comments upon it.

andrescala Friend

Thank to all 🙂
    I will try to upgrade myself and if i’m in trouble i will accept your tip to open a new threath.

Thanks again.
    Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  andrescala 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum